cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

House move nightmare

I recently moved homes, I was told on the phone that full fibre would be available at the new property twice (one from the home move guy on the phone and again from a guide during a live chat on the bt website. After waiting until the day after the broadband activation day, I noticed our speeds were nowhere near the 900mbps so I checked on the bt wholesale website and turns out there's no fttp available. We were originally paying £56.99 for the full fibre 900 halo 3+ and we're now still paying £56.99 for broadband even without the full fibre 900. This wouldn't bother me so much if our costs were reduced due to not having access to fttp. When I spoke to someone today, he told me that the costs are still the same due to them adding complete wifi to the package which I thought was included with halo 3+ in the first place. Either way, we didn't ask for the complete wi-fi whatsoever and I was lied to twice by two different people saying full fibre was available which is what has annoyed me the most. BT has been great since using it up until now. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's right that I should still be paying the same amount for my broadband even without the full fibre 900.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: House move nightmare

From a general point of view the pricing for Full Fibre is the same as the lesser products.

Being told there was 900Mbps available is really annoying however, usually the first thing the agent does when you look at a new order etc is check what product is available, I would be fuming to turn up only to have VDSL or less speeds, in fact I probably wouldnt even move to that house if I knew such is the love for FTTP around here.

I am speaking generally, I do not know every single pricing difference but I'm pretty sure the maintenance cost of the infra that Openreach run for FTTC etc is similar to the cost of FTTP, in fact the older technologies are probably more problematic to look after, therefore wholesale pricing will be 'similar' and passed onto the customer.

To prove the point I have just looked at my parents house who can only get 20Mbps, as a brand new customer for 20Mbps and 1Mbps upload it is £35 just for broadband, for the exact same money at a fibre property you can get 300Mbps and 50Mbps up. Its worth when you consider what not being a new customer does you, in fact my parents pay more a month on BT for 20Mbps which barely breaks 11Mbps on a good day then I do for 900Mbps.

It would be nice where the pricing was proportionate to speed, which in a way it is but not in a way where copper starts are a much lower price point.

If it were me i'd be looking to break that contract because of mis information on the phone and all calls are recorded so you should be able to prove that, having said that, what is your broadband packaged called now, do you know what is behind the Halo branding, such as fibre 1 or 2 etc?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings