cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beth49
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

House move

My house sale and purchase won’t coincide and I may have to live in holiday homes for a short period and maybe not the same one all the time. How can I keep access to my internet and emails during this time?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: House move

Welcome to this user forum. @Beth49 

Are you planning to transfer your current BT package to your new house?

0 Ratings
Beth49
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Yes, eventually.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@Beth49 wrote:
Yes, eventually.

Provide you keep your BT Broadband account active, and access your email on a regular basis, then you should be able to use your mobile to connect.

Not sure about the delay issue, so I will ask advice.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Beth49
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your help
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Beth49 Welcome to the community and thanks for your question regarding your home move. When you move out will you have a date when you will want your service to be activated in your new home or is that still up in the air?

0 Ratings
Beth49
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I won’t have a date for moving in to the new property but hopefully it will be weeks rather than months. I know their provider is BT the same as mine. Don’t know if that helps. Probably not at this stage.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Beth49 To place a home move order and transfer your existing services from one property to another we need to know the start date in your new home as that's the only way the system will accept the order.  

Alternatively you could request the services be moved to your temporary address but there may be a connection charge depending if there is any engineering work required to connect that property. You could then request a home move again when you know the dates when you will be moving into your new home which may also require a connection charge but this may not be needed if there is already a line in place.

The other option would be to cancel your current services when you move out if your not in contract, the email will work for 60 days before its deleted. If you need to you could take out a premium mail subscription costing £7.50 per month to keep the email active.  Once you have your move dates you could request to be reconnected at your new home and transfer the email over to the new broadband connection.  This however would mean you wouldn't have a broadband connection in your temporary address.

If you speak to the Home movers team on 0800 800 150 they'll be able to discuss the best option to suit your needs. 

0 Ratings