cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 1 of 60

House moved - 4 engineer visits -no broadband for more than 3 weeks - no contact from case manager

I moved to this new house on 11th April and BT was supposed to move my broadband and landline package on the 12th of April.

The landline was activated but no the broadband. I have made innumerous phone calls since then and have had 4 Openreach engineer visits. All 4 of them have said the exact same thing - that there is nothign wrong inside the property, but there is nothing they can do at the exchange either. They all asked me to contact BT and request a new order so that they can fix it at the exchange. 

One of them even sent a text: " Mr NoBroadband4U, my name is Kevin and I am an Openreach Engner tryng to provide your fibre internet service. Can you please contact your service provider as they will not accept my request to cancel and reorder the service as it has been incorrectly routed withing our network. Please advice BT that your order needs amending from cabinet 12 and onto cabinet 26.".

Every advisor I speak to thinks that they have understood the issue and claims that the next engineer will fix it. Lo and behold, the same thing happens again. I've begged them to speak to Openreach directly and have provided them the mobile numbers of the engineers who visited me. They just won't do.

After much effort I was able to talk to a level 2 manager once. He said he will assign a case manager who will resolve it and will have a dedicated phone number so that I don't have to recap the whole story to every advisor. 

That was nearly 2 weeks ago and I haven't had a single contact from that case manager. 

I am absolutely sick and tired of it. I have spoken to case handlers from practically every part of UK now. The Exeter and Liverupudlian ones at least tried to understand and resolve it. But the rest were just hopeless. 

The Liverpool manager promised that a manager would call me on 4th of May(yesterday) after the 4th engineer visit to enquire about the case.  Didn't happen.

Another frustrating thing is I need to take time off work for these engineer visits although they have clearly stated that there is nothing wrong at the property. They have said that they have the tools to verify my connection without stepping into my property. But BT advisors won't understand this and ask me to be there.

Just don't know where to go next.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
59 REPLIES 59
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 60

Re: House moved - 4 engineer visits -no broadband for more than 3 weeks - no contact from case manag

Welcome to this user forum. @nobroadband4u 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 60

Re: House moved - 4 engineer visits -no broadband for more than 3 weeks - no contact from case manag

Hi @nobroadband4u  and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry there's been so many problems getting you connected. You've mentioned this is being case managed but something has obviously slipped if you haven't had your call back yet. I'm sure I can contact the case manager for you and get things moving again. I've sent you a private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.

Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 4 of 60

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply and the PM. I noticed that your PM was limited to 3 lines.

The last sentence was:

"we aim to respond to you within 48 working hours. We are a..."

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 5 of 60

sorry, igonre my previous post. I can see the full message now.

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 6 of 60

Still no contact from BT. 

0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 7 of 60

Online chat is the worst. When ask them a question, they simply end the chat!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 60

Hi @nobroadband4u I'm really sorry you haven't been contacted back and that your chat was disconnected, that's not acceptable. Did you reply to @DavidM's private message with your details? I've checked our work queue and am unable to see a reply from you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 60

@nobroadband4u 

the mods will get back to you just need to wait until your problem reaches top of inbox as all help is done in order received to ensure everybody's priority problem is treated equally

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nobroadband4u
Contributor
Message 10 of 60

Update:

5 engineer visits, 4 weeks and still no broadband.

Case manager sent a text saying it will take 5 working days to 'cancel' this order.

After this, she will set up a new order. No word on when it will be though. 

I've tried to call her back on the number she had given multiple times.  It goes to voicemail which says she'll be back in office on 9th May morning 11:00. I made the call at 9th 3:30 PM!

0 Ratings