Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaz_1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Housemove turns into billing nightmare.

Go to solution

Hi, guys, can anyone give me any advice on this problem, please. It all started with a house move, so basically here goes I requested a house move with BT on the 10th of April as I had not long renewed my contract on the 12th of Feb. The date I was moving was 23th of April and BT had arranged to send an engineer to install my phone line on the 24th which yes was perfect. Then I keep getting SMS and emails to say sorry your leaving us which was strange. Then I get a e-mail to say the engineer has been rescheduled to the 30th of April so I go on live chat to query this  to be told it was a mistake on BTs part as the order didn't proceed, Ok I thought but then still get SMS saying the same thing so I query it again but this time the call advisor called me halfway through the chat and gave me an order number for a complaint as there wasn't any communication during this. Then I get an SMS to say the engineer didn't need to visit my flat and connection would go ahead on the 30th but he did as the previous tenants had cut the wire. so fast forward to yesterday, I find out BT had cancelled my contract and started me on a new one and charge me £196.40 as I'VE cancelled it.. No, I asked to move house NOT cancel my contract as I said I renewed in Feb... Sorry for the long post and there is more to this but don't want to go on forever. So can anyone advise me what to do now?

Thanks in advance

Gaz

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Housemove turns into billing nightmare.

Go to solution

The best would be to see if forum mods who are BT employees can help sort this out so I have asked them to help. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DanielS
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @gaz_1,

I am so sorry that this has happened. Moving can be a stressful time without anything else going wrong.

We'll do all we can to help you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @gaz_1 Thanks for taking my call earlier and glad I was able to get all sorted for you.

Cheers
John