cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cochis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How Do I Contact Customer Services

Due to COVID restrictions BT couldn't install my Hub in the place I wanted or my Landline at all (the lack of landline is the crucial bit)? At the time I was told that I'd be contacted to arrange a Landline installation after COVID Restrictions ended and I would be able to arrange to move my HUB to a more convenient location at that point too.

I've since learned that rather than being contacted to arrange an installation, in fact because my landline wasn't installed, my number did not port, BT just cancelled my landline order completely and my line reverted to Virgin media who immediately moved me to their top tariff £35 a month landline, this all happened without me being notified by either company and is currently subject to a formal complaint.

The issue I have is, whenever I try to phone BT to discuss an issue with broadband or when they might be able to move the hub, their phone system asks me to enter the BT number I'm calling about, and of course I do not have a BT number because they never ported the number, so the automated response check just keeps dumping me to another menu, I can't actually speak to anyone I just loop around the menus, how do I get round this, does it eventually put me through to someone just because it isn't getting a response?, I've tried live text and they tell me to ring the FTTP support line.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pippincp
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How Do I Contact Customer Services

Here's the number for the FTTP team. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Cochis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yeah that's the number I've tried, immediately asks for my BT phone number, then on a magical mystery tour of menus where every selection asks me to confirm the BT Number I wish to talk about. It's Kafkaesque
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 4 of 4

It asks for a number but isn't required, you can enter the number you wanted to transfer or 0 eleven times.

0 Ratings