cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elenak21
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

How do I cancel the order before installation.

1 Month ago I ordered a BT 100 Broadband contract. Today the engineer decided not to arrive and install my BT 100 Fibre broadband installation. I've already cancelled my Virgin Media broadband and payed for BT and they never even alerted us about them not being able to set up out broadband due to the Coronavirus, How do I cancel my contract now? Because I am not going to wait until Summer without internet. I have been trying to call them for the past 2 and a half hours and nobody is picking up.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I cancel the order before installation.

@elenak21 

Is this a fibre to the home (FTTP) installation, or ultrafast being delivered over your phone  line?

You would not be billed until your service is activated.

0 Ratings
elenak21
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

As long as I remember It is an FTTP installation. We were supposed to get our Fibre set up today but the engineer decided to skip us, we saw this because we were told to make a new appointment which was said to be in June or even later. It was a BT Fibre 100.

0 Ratings
elenak21
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Is there anyway of cancelling it? I would like to switch over back to Virgin because I can't wait until summer with no internet and I wouldn't be able to pay for both internet connections when BT gets setup.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

If its an FTTP order, and you have an existing copper phone line from BT, they have been providing an ADSL connection to give people access, until provision orders can be completed.

They do this by initially providing a phone connection over the copper pair, and then connecting up the broadband equipment in the exchange.

Have you been told what is going to happen?

The only way to cancel is to dial 0800 800 150, and say "cancel" at the voice prompt.

0 Ratings
elenak21
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

The thing is that when an engineer came to set up our phone line they said the second engineer was actually gonna set up the ADSL connection, but then he decided to skip us.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@elenak21 wrote:
The thing is that when an engineer came to set up our phone line they said the second engineer was actually gonna set up the ADSL connection, but then he decided to skip us.

ADSL is setup in the exchange, without any need for a visit, provided you have a phone socket in the house which may have been used for BT or another provider (not VM) in the past.

Your phone line would be routed directly back to the exchange, and you would initially get dial tone on the phone before the broadband connection was made. That normally gets activated by midnight.

Its your choice whether you want to wait for that, or cancel the whole thing and wait for FTTP provision. Bear in mind you would then go to the end of the queue as there will be other FTTP provisions before yours.

0 Ratings