cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

How do I find the 300 meg BB option on BT's website?

Firstly, I want to say that the website as a whole, is a mess. If I start trying to look at the available broadband packages, even if I say I am a new customer, it starts looking at my information somehow (when I'm not signed into the site) and starts just giving me specific "special offers"

I'll be damned if I can just see a list of all the packages on there. I received an email, and also an actually letter saying that 300meg is now available in my area. But try as I may, I can't get it to show up on the BT website.

If It would just let me see all options, instead of trying to anticipate what I want, and showing me a targetted number of options, I'd be a happy bunny. Thanks

edit: actually it looks like an offer they had for half price BT sport with some BB packages has ended, so I won't be upgrading for now anyway 😕

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Gary70
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do I find the 300 meg BB option on BT's website?

Hi Retrovertigo,

Ultrafast is the service you want. https://www.bt.com/broadband/ultrafast/

Ring sales get them to do a 'tech check' and see what speeds you can get on the service.

It comes in two flavours FTTH (Fibre to the Home) and G.fast (Fibre to the Cabinet). Sales will tell you what's available.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

What does the checker show for your line? https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

That checker shows a threshold of 330 meg...if I'm reading it correctly. 

That ties in with the mail I received. But on the BT website, it keeps picking up my postcode and offering me select upgrades. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

can you post the results please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

There is a problem with the site as for the last few weeks the G.Fast 300Mbps product is not shown whereas the FTTP one is.

This link , on a slightly different topic ,has a couple of posts about it messages 4 and 5    https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Gfast-Amber-availability/td-p/1922889

Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Here are the results of the checker, just to be sure I am reading it correctly. I'm < 10m away from the street cabinet

2019-02-22 (1).pngresults

0 Ratings
Retrovertigo
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Anybody? I'm right aren't I? I should be able to get 300meg so it should be listed as an option on the website.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

yes looks available  phone 08005874787 and they should be able to confirm and order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.