cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jasco
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How do I remove a defunct account from MyBT? What about changing the billing name?

Go to solution

As above, I have an ancient account that used to be used for BT Broadband Talk still showing in MyBT. The balance is £0.00 and it just sits there forcing me to chose my main account every time I log in.

Additionally is it possible to simply change the name on the billing address?  Long story short, when me and my partner moved in together 20 years ago she set up the initial BT account. When BTopenworld was launched shortly after I set that up in my name. I have always been responsible for paying both bills. Fast forward 20 years and one house move the the bill is all in one now and I pay it, but it still has her name on the bill, despite me having the main BT ID associated with the account (indeed I am the account holder when I log in). She would be more than happy for my name to be placed on the bill rather than hers. It's getting tiresome every time I contact support having to explain that I am the account holder but my name is not the name on the bill. The only advice I have had is to cancel the existing account and start a new one up in my name but seriously what with overlapping mobile/broadband/phone contract lengths and having used the same email addresses for 20 years I'm loathe to even attempt this when all that needs changing is a bit of text in a database somewhere.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I remove a defunct account from MyBT? What about changing the billing name?

Go to solution

Hi @Jasco,

I'll be able to get that old account removed from your MyBT. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: How do I remove a defunct account from MyBT? What about changing the billing name?

Go to solution

Hi @Jasco, I've removed the old account from your BTID now for you. Please can you login and check and confirm this has been fixed for you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Jasco
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Yep, thanks John.
0 Ratings