cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoeMcCrea
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

How do I see progress on an existing complaint when I can't ring you because of COVID?

I made a complaint to BT yesterday about the subject below.

I have heard nothing at all, but if I say I have an existing complaint, it tells me the only option is to ring BT.  Which I can't do because of COVID.  Not great customer service, is it?

Can someone from BT tell me how I can (i) see progress on my existing complaint and (ii) get a resolution to the original complaint..

ORIGINAL COMPLAINT

We have had problems with the speed and reliability of our broadband service since we've had it.  We've had an engineer out twice and it still persists.  Because of this, we frequently have to tether to our mobile device.

I work for the NHS and am having to work from home and connect in, which means I have to download a lot of files, so we have a high data need.

In the middle of the night this week, at 2.00 am in the morning, I went over my data limit.  A message was sent to my phone, but I did not receive it until I got up in the morning,  In the intervening time, in the small hours of the morning I had used 400mb over my data limit and BT had informed me they were going to charge me £40.00 on my next bill for this.

As an NHS employee, I can get unlimited data from EE.  I can get 50gb from Smarty for £15.00.

Can BT inform me how quickly they are going to refund this outrageous £40 cost before I leave them?

At the last engineer's visit, he told me he was going to tell BT to supply me with a new Smart Hub 2 and 3 wifi boosters. He told me I would not have to do anything, but wait and BT would send me the equipment.  This was weeks ago and I have neither received anything, nor had any communication from BT about it.

Can BT tell me when they are going to send me the equipment...

Not the finest hour for customer service in this case as well, is it?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do I see progress on an existing complaint when I can't ring you because of COVID?

@JoeMcCrea 

This is only a customer to customer help forum, your post here does not go to BT.

0 Ratings
JoeMcCrea
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do I see progress on an existing complaint when I can't ring you because of COVID?

I Facebook messaged them and got this reply..

Thank you Joe, so your complaint is open under reference XXXXXXXXXXXX. This is currently with the mobile team who will be in touch once the complaint is assigned to a mobile adviser to help you get the charges sorted. Sorry about the delay getting back to you but they will give you a call once they are assigned the complaint.

0 Ratings