Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbw127
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

How do I stop Broadband charge?

Go to solution

The Broadband on my landline is no longer used.

The equipment was stolen. How do I terminate the contract?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do I stop Broadband charge?

Go to solution

You need to phone BT & give 30 days notice of termination. If you are still within the contract term you will be liable for Early Termination Fees.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Or buy a new modem/router for £30 😄
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
pjbw127
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

[You need to phone BT & give 30 days notice of termination. If you are still within the contract term you will be liable for Early Termination Fees.]

I tried this and got nowhere. Now I am lumbered with "Broadband with 15GB monthly usage, Unlimited Weekend Calls, 5GB BT Cloud, BT Web Protect, BT Virus Protect and BT Parental Controls". Maybe I used the wrong phone number?

My wife was persuaded by a friend to "get on-line". It transpired that my wife is completely computer illiterate so it is unlikely that there will be be any contract details here. Is/are  there BT web page/s I could search?
( I have 20 years system and application programming experience. I use my system on a second landline with another provider)

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

In what way did you get nowhere? You can call on 0800 800150.

For T&Cs see BT Home Phone and Broadband .

pjbw127
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

[In what way did you get nowhere?]

Very cheerful lady but I may not have used the magic words "terminate broadband contract" in that order and finished up with a worse deal that I started with.

I eventually found that my contract does not 'terminate' until August 2018 and so it is more worth my paying until then.

0 Ratings