Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kateffss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

How do you get a refund?

Go to solution
We signed up for by internet in October 2016, but virgin came back with a better offer so we cancelled our contract within the time allowed. By this time we had already paid a set up fee of £49 which was refundable. We have called the Indian help desk 4 times and each time they promise a refund within 2 months to 7 days. What does it take to get our money back? Can anyone help we are very frustrated and feel extremely let down by BT. Now considering the financial ombudsman.
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: How do you get a refund?

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Its worth reading the T&Cs.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016voiceandbroadband.html

You may change your mind

1. You may change your mind and cancel the Service and any Equipment within a 14 day cooling off period. You can do this by calling us at 0800 800 150. Your Cooling Off Period is described in more detail in the Definitions section at the end of this Agreement.
  2. If we've already started providing the Service by the time you cancel it, you'll have to pay us the full cost of the Services you've received (which means we won't take into account any discounts or free offers) including:
    • (a) any Charges payable for your use of Service;
    • (b) any use you've made of the Service which isn't covered by the Charges; and
    • (c) any connection or activation fees.

The way I interpret that, is that any activation fees are not refundable.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Kateffss and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the refund. @Keith_Beddoe is correct in that if you cancelled after the services were connected then the connection charge would apply. The billing live chat guys should be able to sort this out so can you give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Kateffss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
We cancelled within the 14days and was advised at the time and 3 times after that we would receive a full refund.
0 Ratings
Kateffss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
Hello DavidM, I'm afraid to say that yet again we have received appalling customer service from your BT call centre in Indian. The first person we got through to put us through to a phone with no one on the end, then after explaining ourselves for a 3rd time today we finally got through to someone called MD Alan who was so rude. He interrupted me mid sentence, didn't listen to what I had to say, he kept repeating himself, refused point blank to put me though to his manager and in the end hung up on me. I will be very surprised if i get my money back. This is starting to cause us some distress.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Kateffss wrote:
We cancelled within the 14days and was advised at the time and 3 times after that we would receive a full refund.

How many days was it? as its possible that service had been provided, even if you did not use it. I can take only a short time from ordering to activation, especially if there was an existing line.

0 Ratings
Kateffss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
We were within our 14 days and we hadn't planned to connect until 31st October
0 Ratings
Kateffss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
We don't even have an account number, only a ref number as it hadn't been processed.
They have already confirmed there is £49 credit on our account but 4 people have told us it will take 7-10 days to proscess, this has been happening since mid October 2016. This is quite unacceptable.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to respond.

0 Ratings
Kateffss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15