cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hammer
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

How do you know if you are on best deal?

Another frustration is that you see offers for new subscribers that you can't get as an existing customer. To add Sky to my subscription was more expensive than cancelling and re-ordering (who wants that hassle?). Why can't we have the best deal available?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: How do you know if you are on best deal?

Perhaps because you haven't asked!

If you are still in a 12 or 18 month contract, then you are getting the deal you signed up to.  Once that runs out, you switch to the standard (full) pricing.

If you are out of contract and you phone up BT and tell them you are unhappy with how much money you are paying, then they will offer you alternatives, often at a considerable discount.  Of course, you will be locked into a new contract in return.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

What has sky got to do with your bt account they are two different companies
0 Ratings
hammer
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Because BT offer Sky Sports as part of the BT Vision Package that's why!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

@hammer wrote:

Another frustration is that you see offers for new subscribers that you can't get as an existing customer. To add Sky to my subscription was more expensive than cancelling and re-ordering (who wants that hassle?). Why can't we have the best deal available?

The best deal is the best price you can get when your contract is up. BT are like all companies, the new customer/subscriber gets the best offer.

Its never too much hassle for me to change. I have cancelled insurance policies and straight away signed up with the same company. Its silly I know, all the extra work involved for the company concerned, but if I can save money they can certainly have the extra workSmiley Very Happy

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I am on deal for my broadband and calls that runs out in July. When this finishes will bt still offer me a discount if sign up to a new 12 month contract or have they now finished this option? I know they they finished there auto contact but do they still match a cheaper deal that you can get with a other operator to keep me as a customer? The problem is that I would like to stay with bt, but when look at Other operators like sky or talk talk they appears offer similar package but at half the price (which is there normal price not special offer for new customers) and if I have to pay full price I am thinking of possibly changing.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 9

Just do your homework before hand. Look at other providers and work out the costs of what you want. Phone BT and say you are looking at other providers as they are going to charge me £x. Can you match it? BT will either come up with a good price or say they can't match the price but can do it for £y. Then its your choice, BT or other provider.

0 Ratings
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Thanks, for info, that what I have done in the past, but with there ending of the auto Re-contract, I was not sure if they stopped doing deals full stop.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 9

My last deal was over 16 months ago. If you agree to a new contrac,t BT will agree a price reduction/discount in some way. Renewal contract may have ended but not contracts.

0 Ratings