cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susanthefly
Beginner
Message 51 of 78

Re: How does BT justify a >300% INCREASE in their billing rate?

(That was to MELISSA, sorry!)

0 Ratings
Folginator
Message 52 of 78

Bt Premium email

Hi Guys. Just a warning that if you decide to cancel your premium email because of the price hike from £1.60 to £5.00, please set up a new email address with another provider first. If you don't and ring to cancel they do it straight away and do not give you 30 days grace. I cancelled over the phone and my email account is now dead along with all my emails!! Be warned.

0 Ratings
JFD2811
Message 53 of 78

BT premium email - link to broadband account?

Hello,

I received an email yesterday about the price hike from £1.60 a month to an incredibly extortionate £5 a month!

£5 a month for email is just thieving.  However, luckily my Dad has BT broadband and would like to change my email account from BT Premium email to the normal BT email and link it to his account.  I'd like my email account to be treated as a sub account so it doesn't interfere with his BT emails etc.  My dad has also agreed to it as well and will pass on info if neccessary.

Is this possible? I read somewhere that it was.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 78

Re: BT premium email - link to broadband account?

Highlighted
erty445
Message 55 of 78

300+% price increase???

From £1.60 to £5 a month?  Over 300% increase.  Except for a marketing tool to try and buy broadband subscription, what else is the justification BT need to charge this much for a service that is readily available FREE from many other mail hosts?

I have had 1 email address since inception and I now feel bullied into changing my contact details by changing email provider.  I decided £1.60 was not desirable but tolerable, but £5.......per month........UNHAPPY tyvm BT

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 56 of 78

Re: 300+% price increase???

Welcome to the forum. This is already discussed here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 57 of 78

Re: 300+% price increase???

@erty445 wrote:

what else is the justification BT need to charge this much for a service that is readily available FREE from many other mail hosts?

They don't try to justify it, which is refreshingly different to the usual "due to increasing costs" spiel at least. I think you're on the right track with your theory though.

0 Ratings
derekdel
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 78

A genuine thank you to BT.

I would personally like to thank BT for increasing the premium mail charge to £5 per month. It has made me see the light.

I would like to thank BT for the random delays in sending email to any recipient that can take upward of 6 minutes at times.

The reason I even noticed the time delay was because a few years back I followed a gifted craftsman that had closed his order book for a hard to obtain item, a hand crafted item.

Fortunately this person decided to open his order book for a very limited order, to get on the order I, like others, had to email him on a specific day at midnight on the dot. Not a second before.

I ordered at exactly 00:00 on that morning and the email was sent in what I though was seconds.

Oh no it wasn't [sounding like a panto] alas yes it was within seconds.

I also Bcc myself......... and I waited.....and waited.... for 5 min 40 secs until the email arrived. I know this was accurate for both parties as I asked him when he got mine!!  To my despair I ended up in roughly 150+ position on the order book....shame it only when up to 30 orders!

I will never get another opportunity to order as the order book is now closed permanently..

The time delay is still present to this day and completely random in timings regardless of what platform it is sent from.

I would also like to thank BT for introducing me to the dribble yahoo email service and the shocking amount of SPAM mail I was suddenly receiving, still on going to this day.

I would like to thank BT for sending my email via sputnik and the Bermuda triangle..... somehow very randomly they just seem to get lost in the tinternet.

I would like to thank BT for the random 'service is down, please try later' that frequented my login screen of late.

Hand on heart when BT mail was with BT mail it was brilliant. stupid mistake out sourcing that one.

I have just spent close to £400 buying a few domain name with hide my details and hosting my emails on a genuine paid for service with a recurring amount of about $90 a year [£60 with BT]

I gladly spent that money as I can now say, after 14+ years, I am finally shot completely of BT.

Sorry BT you are getting not a penny more.

One thing I will say is a HUGE thank you to all the genuine help from the staff members on this forum, no sarcasm in that statement just a heartfelt thank you.

0 Ratings
Martin1231
Message 59 of 78

Cancel premium mail BT Joke!

Tried to cancel BT premium mail tonight as price increase from £1.60 to £5.00!! 90 mins on to BT 3 departments still no no good can't find my acct, although bill every month!
Customer service team is SHocking!!!
0 Ratings
Martin1231
Message 60 of 78

Re: How does BT justify a >300% INCREASE in their billing rate?

Trying to cancel BT Premium mail 90 mins on the phone wasted with no success, customer service team is shocking! They say I have no acct yet there billing me!!!!
0 Ratings