cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronmark
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

How is this fair?

I have had very bad experience with BT services overall. Been with sky for 6 years and didn't have any problem only wanted a bit faster internet and price went up over the years.
So, I applied for BT and set up direct debit back in November 2016 before I moved in to my new place. Engineer came 2 weeks later and set the line up however I was still waiting for broadband and cables. I was chasing my package multiple times and wasted so much time, because nobody never knows anything and also wasted money on my phone bills even while I was paying BT and didn't receive any service from them.
BT tried to deliver my package 3 times but couldn't manage even with clear instructions. After one and half month I cancelled my direct debit because I couldn't see what I am paying for, my phone data bills went up to £60 as well.
Then I received some package 2 months later, finally, however it was some replacement package with no cables. So actually I was disappointed again about how BT welcomes their new customers.
I connected my broadband and been told to wait 24h till it starts working. Was waiting couple of days and it still didn't work. Then I started to receive calls that I owe BT money and I have to pay bill. I tried to explain that I paid a already £75.18 but haven't received any services for 2 months yet. Asked for recalculation of bill and been told that get it only when internet will be set up. Anyway disappointment in customer service as nobody knows or can do anything right about any enquiry. So again I been told that everything will be working just have to pay another £40.94 and it is only option available. Obviously didn't work after 24h, 2days. Felt like BT doesn't care about their customers at all.
Few days later with multiple chasing finally get to receive internet for the first time. However less then a month later it has been cut off again and I have been I owe money to BT plus there are charges on my bill for late payment and reconnecting services. How is this fair. I do not want to pay any money to BT until I get my refund. Where are customer rights?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How is this fair?

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @Ronmark,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you've been left without a broadband service. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Ronmark
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Asked me to send details by using option contact the mod which doesn't work, maybe because through iPhone
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Correct, you need to use the full site rather than the mobile site. There should be an option to switch to the full site, there is on Firefox on Android.

0 Ratings