cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ithomasseven
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

How much are people paying for fibre plus Inc phoneline??

I'm just interested to know as I pay the line rental saver per year which works out about £17 a month then £26 for fibre broadband. I've seen a few people say they pay around £30 with line rental, so wondering if I'm getting a bum deal by paying the line rental separately?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: How much are people paying for fibre plus Inc phoneline??

It's really a question of what you can negotiate, which you need to do every 12 or 18 months when your current minimum period discount ends. For what it's worth I've just renewed my package for 18 months with the broadband and calls element at £42, so a bit less than you're paying. I can't be bothered with LRS, which is way less attractive than when it was first introduced. I suspect that people who really are paying £30 for BB and calls are on a new customer deal or just good hagglers.

A month before your current deal expires call the Options Team on 0800 800 030 and see what's on offer, but be prepared to swerve attempts to flog you extras you don't want.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
b_bez
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I've given them 30 days notice and they just offered my current 45MB connection for another 18 month contract, without future price rises. My partner just negotiated 30 a month for 76MB for next 12 months??? Going to try that number pottyperson has suggested (thanks by the way) but if I don't get offered the same rate as my partner, bearing in mind she gets 76MB, I get 45MB (used to get 76MB) then I'm off to Voda who're offering me 50MB inc. line rental. Can't believe after being a BT customer for 18 year, they treat you like ****...
0 Ratings
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

My local exchange only offers Sky, Talktalk and KC so can’t quote the Voda prices etc. to BT. I’ve just renewed for what I previously paid, £36.99 with weekend calls with no further price increases next month. There was no way they would lower the offer ( rang 3 different numbers! ) Bearing in mind I got the speed increase to 80/20 a while ago I suppose I’m happy enough with the solid 70bps I’m getting but as you say, long service or loyalty counts for nothing these days. We’ll see what happens next price increase!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@b_bez Doesn't matter who you go with, you will still get the same speed, your house doesn't move nearer the cabinet when you change provider.

0 Ratings
b_bez
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

@licquorice yeah I know. after countless calls and six months of intermittant connection, they send me a hh6 which has cured the line faults then charge me 65 for the hub. I was 70MB for ages until they reset line profile. Vodafone is 50MB guaranteed with phone line for 25 a month, half the price of BT. I want to stay with BT but their incompetance of late has forced my hand. cheers
0 Ratings