cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anxies
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

How much is new installation with bt infinity 2?

Go to solution

I've looked round the site and cant find whether its free with package or a add on as obviously i would like to know before i sign up.  I was going to sign up through quidco and couldnt see anything in the terms past the packages themselves,

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: How much is new installation with bt infinity 2?

Go to solution

do you have an existing phone line - not cable

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
anxies
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Never had fibre connection before so just normal phone line.  It does say that its avaliable on my street though just wondered whether it was worth me converting or whether it would cost a fortune to get it installed.   I was considering signing through quidco which offers a £120 cashback scheme.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@anxies welcome to the community and thanks for posting, is your line currently connected and working with BT at the moment?

0 Ratings
anxies
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

No i am currently with TalkTalk

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @anxies if you're a new customer to BT there are no activation fees.  The offers for new customers are shown here.

0 Ratings
anxies
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Does the cables they install need deep trenches down the drive my only quibble is if it would ruin our drive having a new cable placed down?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

if it is FTTC that is available then that uses your existing copper phone line so no digging or engineer visit required  the fibre is to the street cabinet and existing phone line to your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
anxies
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I'm really confused at the installation process to be honest if at the moment i only have a landline would i need the fibre cables all the way to the how or because there is a cabinet on my street is it like a wifi connection?  Sorry for the daft questions.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@anxies FTTC technology uses fibre to the cabinet and then your existing copper wiring to provide service so no digging would be needed. If you're going for FTTP then cable is brought the whole way to your home.

Can you post the results from this checker?