cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave_oh
Message 1 of 4

How slow does my wifi have to be before I can cancel?

For the last 3 months my wifi has been consistently been less than 1 Mps. Despite numerous interventions calls and complaints. Does anyone have a handle on what is reasonable?

BT's answer is to try and upsell a new hub and another 12 month contract, which I am not in inclined to do for obvious reasons.

Dave
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How slow does my wifi have to be before I can cancel?

no ISP will guarantee wireless speeds as there are to many variables in and around your home

Have you tried manually changing wireless channels as this can resolve many problems
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

@Dave_oh wrote:
For the last 3 months my wifi has been consistently been less than 1 Mps. Despite numerous interventions calls and complaints. Does anyone have a handle on what is reasonable?

BT's answer is to try and upsell a new hub and another 12 month contract, which I am not in inclined to do for obvious reasons.

Dave

Far far too many variables for wifi. Might be nothing to do with any equipment you have . Could even be floors/walls/electrical eqp in your own house.

Have you ever thought about using Powerline adapters. Might help.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

You should post exactly what your problem is on the appropriate forum board and somebody may be able to help you.

Give details such as what Homehub you use, wired speed test, a wireless speed test and any other information you think may be of use to those trying to help.

0 Ratings