cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How to add amend names on accounts

Go to solution

Hello

Does anyone know how to amend a name on an account? I van't get through to BT.

When we moved into our first house in 1991, the phone was shown under my girlfriends name - when we married she changed it to Mrs - but we did not change it to Mr & Mrs. Over the past 30 years - we havent really bothered to change it as the account is paid from our joint bank account and it has not caused an issue. Also the internet is in my name on line. But we have decided to get a BT mobile phone - and it is in her name - ie Mrs - not an issue except she has to sign for it. That lead me to think - should be not try to get the account in joint names? But I can;t seem to find out how you do that.

Any ideas?

Keith

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How to add amend names on accounts

Go to solution

@keithp 

It cannot be put in joint names, only the current BT account holder can be named. So it has to stay in your name.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @keithp Thanks for posting, I can confirm that the info @Keith_Beddoe has provided is correct as our terms of service only allow for one named account holder.

Your wife can be a named contact which will enable her to manage the BT services on your behalf but you will still be responsible for the account.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Ok thanks. It is the other way round - she is the name on the billing info - I am the name on the broadband and online account details.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

It would be the name on the account. When people had paper bills, the name on the bill, before the address.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Ok got it. Thanks.
0 Ratings