cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
athomson89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

How to get an engineer sent to fix a faulty line?

My infinity start date was yesterday, I still have no Internet. It says in the manual for the hub 5 that if theres any issues within thw first 28days, BT will send an engineer free of charge. No one at the call centre will listen to me and they just keep saying that they have cancelled my previous order and made a new order and my new start date is 14th Sept, its only the 27th August today and I have no Internet because sky, who I was with previously have given the line to BT. Please help!! 😉
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to get an engineer sent to fix a faulty line?

If your new order start date is the 14th Sept there is nothing that this forum can do for you. It is up to Openreach to fix any faults on a line and only BT can request that but they are at the mercy of Openreach. All you can do is re-contact BT and see if they can get it moved forward.

0 Ratings
athomson89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I have been told 5 times in 2 days that my order is being fast tracked and it hasnt happened! This is the worst customer service I have ever received. I have now been without ANY Internet for a week, through no fault of my own. Iv since found out that there isnt anything wrong with my line, but that BT never sent an engineer to the box in the street on my launch date, so instead of getting an engineer to come out they canceled it and made a new order which I why im being told I have to waite 2 weeks, which I wouldnt mind at all if BT didnt take the line from sky and leave me with no Internet! To be honest if I dont get anywhere tomorrow, im gonna tell sky to take the line bk, afterall slow speeds is better than nothing.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

another Sky to BT move problem these are occurring daily now i don't believe in conspiracy theories but it is as if they don't want customers to leave and delay moves at the last minute
0 Ratings
athomson89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Its not sky whoes messed up, its BT. They didnt send an engineer to the box in the street to connect me.
0 Ratings
athomson89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Fast track farce!!

Anyone else know anything about the illusive fast track order team at BT?? I have been told 6 times by BT India that my order has been fast tracked and iv been given a different, later date everytime for my launch date. All this because BT messed up my first launch date and took the line from sky and didnt bother to connect me! I really am at my wits end with this now!! Awful company, really wish I just stayed with sky!!!!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Re: Fast track farce!!

the problem is in Openreach's hands and regardless of provider would be the same delay on an install as all ISP's use Openreach
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 10

Basically, Openreach are quite good at giving a poor service to all ISPs

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi Athomson89,

I am really sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your order.

I've dropped you a private message, which includes the link to our order team. You can chat with them online.  This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
LC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Don't trust anything this company tells you. They are far better at fantasy than Walt Disney!

0 Ratings