cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How to get fibre packaged with more download speed

Hello 

Im not sure but the highest packaged i can get is 36mb broadband packaged is really hard  to connect devices

if im downloading some games on computer my wife watches tv like netflix or something it starts freezing  

I contacted open reach they said until  2025 there will be some changes and if you want to get faster way contact your service provider   not sure  where to call or email 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to get fibre packaged with more download speed

are you a BT broadband customer?   If so then enter phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

can you post stats from Hub - advanced settings/technical log information

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yes im BT customer not sure is it BT phone number as i don't have one 

but i did enter my address 

Screenshot 2023-09-18 194039.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

From dslchecker your estimated range is 56/40mb  with handback 35mb. Really need to see stats from router to see connection speed and attInable speed together with noise margin.  It may be the fastest speed is bottom end of estimate or just above handback speed

Have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your speed?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

how will i get 50mb if i can only purchase  36mb package i cannot purchase any higher  broadband package 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I just want to try and get the higher package in my building openreach told me i could get on by demand but not sure how it works 

Screenshot 2023-09-18 210236.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Fibre on demand is a business product that costs tens of thousands of pounds to provide.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

after alot of searching one of the providers providing 60mb but not sure if its real 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

The speed you get to your premises will be exactly the same regardless of provider. It is governed by your distance  from the green cabinet supplying your service.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Wouldn’t you know why they build like this just couple steps away from my building every building has full fibre around me every single building and except  mine was left alone 

0 Ratings