cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
st3ve
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

How to p**s off the customer...

I have had a brand new line installed. The installation guy doesn't stay to check the broadband because he can't - the equipment didn't arrive before he left and even if it had, apparently the line needed an underground engineer to connect my house to the roadside pit. the pit was already connected to the cabinet and the exchange.

The underground engineer connects up the circuit and leaves without checking at the house for correct operation.

At this point the line was activated and the phone worked fine, but broadband wouldn't establish. I contact BT faults and they decide there's something wrong with the Hub4.

So I wait a week over Christmas for a new hub that I know won't make a blind bit of difference. Changed the Hub - no difference, surprise, surprise. I'd already tried one of my own hubs and the adsl light doesn't stabilize - told this to each BT guy that I spoke to and the BT tech guy says the problem is with the broadband, so a BROADBAND engineer is booked for Friday.

I take the time off work and its an engineer no show (happens sometimes, maybe - OK). But no-one texts/emails/phones me to say he's not coming!! It turns out the engineer was cancelled by BT because someone decided that it was a PHONE LINE fault, not a broadband issue!!

I contact BT regarding the no show to be told this reason (see above) and we agree to arrange a fresh engineer who  will arrive Tuesday am. It's going te be a PHONE LINE  engineer apparently, even though the phone works OK (in and out) and the adsl appears to be dodgy still.

Don't BT have anyone who could address both issues?

BT charge £129.99 if I am not in when the engineer calls and co-incidentally that's how much I charge when I am in and the engineer no shows. (and maybe DOUBLE when the wrong engineer shows up?).

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow .... assuming I haven't slit my wrists.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
st3ve
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to p**s off the customer...

Part II...

Well, the engineer was due between 8 and 1pm (it's now 1:45pm) and it's a no show , same as last Friday.

Worse still, as per last Friday, no-one has contacted me to say the engineer isn't coming or whatever.

There seems to be confusion at BT as to whether its a line fault or a broadband fault, resulting in me being passed from one department to the other.

There seems to be no way to find out if the engineer is coming or not. I have rejoined the queue (again) having been transfered (again) to another department.

BT appear to not have any over-arching managers who can deal with the interdepartmental ping-pong I am experiencing at present.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi st3ve,

Ifd you fill out the contact us link located in the about me section of my profile we can take a look at this for you.
Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings