cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

How to upgrade from FTTC to FTTP

Go to solution

Hello

FTTP has just become available in my area - offering speeds of up to 900mbs.

The cables were laid a month or so ago and I've been checking the checker every day since!

When I entered a new 24 month contract with BT a few months back for FTTC they assured me that if FTTP were to become available during my contract I would be able to upgrade.

If I try to place a new order with BT today (or another ISP like Zen) then Full Fibre FTTP 900 meg is available.  But if I try to upgrade my package with BT it says I can't get it.  I phoned BT who suggested that perhaps Openreach haven't informed them that FTTP is available yet, however if that was the case then surely it wouldn't show as available when I place a new order?

Any idea how I can push this upgrade through?  Working from home is a struggle with a 9 meg connection currently!

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to upgrade from FTTC to FTTP

Go to solution

Try calling the FTTP Team. 0800 587 4787. They should be able to advise you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@davidrle  Do you have digital voice with your current FTTC?

If so then your line will have been provisioned as a SoGEA line. At the moment this seems to cause BT’s systems to go into meltdown when you ask for FTTP.

Hopefully the Fibre team mentioned will be aware of this now, but if it is still the same as when I upgraded they will have to setup a new account with FTTP and then migrate the phone number and close the old account down sorting the early termination charges etc. Mine was managed by the executive team who sorted it all out very smoothly but it was a pain.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks - I'll try the Fibre Team in the morning.

I chose the no phone option when signing up, so I don't have a landline number at all (although still obviously have the copper and socket).  Would that make the line a SoGEA line ?

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hello

Any idea how I speak to the FTTP team?

The 0800 587 4787 number seems to just direct me to the generic BT number options which I get when I call the main number - when I choose the broadband > upgrade option I get put through to the same department who told me they couldn't upgrade me!

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Aaaargh going round in circles on this one.

Sales think it's not available and ignore the fact that their own website says it is and the adsl wholesale checker confirms it is.

My neighbour has ordered it WITH BT yesterday.

I mentioned the line being previsioned as a SoGEA line and there was a moment of silence - he clearly didn't know what that meant.

But annoyingly I can't get through to the Fibre team direct - it keeps going through to the general sales number.

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

just keep trying  there are currently problems with helpdesks  the FTTP default when big queue to to send to normal helpdesk

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

No phone line will be SoGEA so it sounds like the upgrade issue I hit.

Their system gets confused and won’t offer you an upgrade to FTTP. The fibre team know about it and should be able to pass your request on to the team that can sort. It is a manual process.

Failing that I don’t know if one of the moderators on here can put you in touch with the right team? It was the executive team that processed mine and they did say there were doing multiple manual orders per day.

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks Adam for the tip about the SoGEA line. Annoyingly if I had ticked the box for phone line and paid a few pound a month more I wouldn't be having this issue!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

You probably would, we kept the phone line but they provided it as digital voice. So SoGEA line for us even when choosing the phone.

0 Ratings