cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Hybrid Connect for existing "BT Fiber 2" broadband customer?

Go to solution

Hello,

I noticed the Hybrid Connect option for new BT customers, priced at £7. Not too bad as a backup option and for quick service setup for house moves and so on.

Is this option available also for an existing "BT Fiber 2" customer on an old hub "BT Hub 6A"?

My contract is up for renewal, I called the customer retentions line and I got a good renewal offer for my "BT Fiber 2" package, but they did not mention any Hybrid Connect option. Instead they quoted me a "Fiber Halo 3" option but the difference in price respect to my current package renewal is a lot more than £7. I'm not interested in the other Halo benefits, but the Hybrid Connect device could be useful. Plus, it seems new customers signing for the Hybrid Connect option get the wireless device immediately while on "Fiber Halo 3" I'd only get the wireless device when needed, you have to call, they ship it... and you know how it's likely to go.

Can an existing "BT Fiber 2" customer get the £7 Hybrid Connect add-on?

I only discovered this option after calling the customer retentions line (did not really like their "Fiber Halo 3" offer), hence posting here before calling them again.

Thanks.

PS: it's really confusing between all those options... Halo, Halo+, Hybrid Connect... really confusing.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Hybrid Connect for existing "BT Fiber 2" broadband customer?

Go to solution

@casaschiwrote:

Can an existing "BT Fiber 2" customer get the £7 Hybrid Connect add-on?

Yes you can.

@casaschiwrote:

PS: it's really confusing between all those options... Halo, Halo+, Hybrid Connect... really confusing.

There's a comparision at BT Halo 3+. Unbreakable home wi-fi from BT & EE.  just scroll down to 'BT Halo comes in two options.' and any questions I'd be happy to answer.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@-Richie-  thanks for answering.

However, as I mentioned in the original post, I’ve been offered already Halo 3 and it’s too expensive compared to the £7 Hybrid Connect. I suspect Halo 3+ is even more expensive. And I do not need any of the additional features.

I tried browsing as a new customer and, without any mention of Halo, a new customer is offered a £7 Hybrid Connect option. My question is whether such an option is available to an existing customer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@casaschiwrote:

My question is whether such an option is available to an existing customer.

I answered that question, yes it is.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@-Richie- sorry, missed the first part of your reply.

How do I get that offer? If I look on my online account there's no such option. If I call customer retentions would they know about it?

Also, would I need the Smart Hub 2 or would my older "BT Hub 6A" work with the Hybrid Connect device?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

If you don't see it in MyBT then give them a call, just explain you want to add the hybrid addon for £7 per month.
I don't think they're compatible with the Smart Hub 1, the system will check and add a Smart Hub 2 if needed though.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@-Richie- thank you very much for your patience. Your advice helped me ordering today exactly what I wanted: a renewal of my BT Fiber Broadband with the addition of a backup option (hybrid connect) without all the additional features (and costs) of halo or halo+. Called customer retentions again today and got my order sorted. 

You can quote me saying that the support I received from this forum in the past few days was very important for me to remain a BT broadband customer.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Good stuff, glad to hear 🙂
Anything else just pop back with your questions.

0 Ratings