cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turley737
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Hyperfast NI

My contract with BT is due to expire and I've been told unless I renew for 24 months that my bill will go up by £17 per month (phone, broadband and sport). I currently get a speed of 2Mbps however we are included in the list for full fibre and this is expected to be available in early 2022.

I live in Northern Ireland and I understand that this is no longer being carried out by Openreach and instead is being carried out by a firm called Fibrus

Is anyone aware if I will be able to continue with BT with full fibre when it arrives or will I have to terminate my contract and pay a termination charge?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Hyperfast NI

You should not be forced to recontract for 24 months, consider another ADSL provider. Whichever you go to if you wish to go to Fibrus then any provider you use in the interim will require a termination charge as Fibrus is an independant supplyer.

As to when Fibrus will reach you, that is only something Fibrus can tell you, try contacting them for details.

Fibrus beat Openreach on bidding for rural FTTP, here's an article from just before they won the contract.

Fibrus

0 Ratings