cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I checked local bt cabinet for detail but can't make sence.. Can someone help please.

Go to solution

Hi, I'm moving to a new property and when I contacted my last Internet provider the told me that I would only be able to get ADSL and offered to exit my contract for free. When I checked the fibre checker on Openreach it states that I'd be able to get fibre just not full fibre, but the thing is when I shop around all available ISP's are only offering ADSL. after I a bit of research I found out it could be the fact that fibre is offered but the cabinet is a full capacity so I went on to the BT Broadband Availability Checker and typed in my new address.. The only problem is I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking at so I was hoping that if someone could have a look at the screenshot provided and let me know if it's the case that fibre is available but full so I've just got to keep checking to see if something becomes available or if that the cabinet just don't support fibre and I'm stuck with ADSL.

Many thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20240503_185704_com.android.chrome_edit_41520724244705.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: I checked local bt cabinet for detail but can't make sence.. Can someone help please.

Go to solution

@Mrjay84 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Your cabinet does support FTTC (VDSL), but there are no spare ports, so only ADSL (19.5Mbs) is available at the moment, until a port becomes free. 

FTTP (full fibre) is not available.

Message 3 of 6

Re: I checked local bt cabinet for detail but can't make sence.. Can someone help please.

Go to solution

It is showing as there being a "Waiting List" which means the cabinet is full.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

That shows that FTTC isabialbe at your address but there is awaiting list so you are unable to order.  You need to keep checking until it show available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

The far right column shows FTTC is Waiting List, so there are indeed no free ports. All you can do is accept an ADSL connection & then keep checking for availability to upgrade. Note the Waiting List is a bit of a misnomer as there is no actual list you can join. It's simply a case of first come, first served when a port becomes free.

Other than that, check if an AltNet has provision or possibly a 4/5G option.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you everyone that replied, I greatly appreciate it.

The answers given confirms my thoughts so I will keep checking in hopes a slot in the future may become available. 

0 Ratings