cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

I do not have the option to upgrade fiber

Hello guys, I have recently moved into a joint household with a bunch of my friends, the house we live in was built 1.5 years ago. Our current network speed is very low at 8mbps download speed and 1 mbps upload speed. We wanted to look into our options of upgrading our network, but when i went on the openreach and BT websites to check what I could upgrade to, it either showed 67mbps or the one im using as the maximum I could use. Its strange to see because my next door neighbour has access to speeds of 1Gbps, so does the rest of my street with everyone having access to fiber. I went through the forums and found our that it might be because of the building being fairly new that it isn't registered on BT. So what im asking right now is how do I go about the situation? Where and which number can i contact to talk about my problem? Is it because the building is new or do I really have no means of getting Fiber 900?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: I do not have the option to upgrade fiber

Give the FTTP team a ring. 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I did give them a ring and it tells me to 'enter the BT number I would like to talk about'. Does it want me to type out my account number or something else im missing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Senkal it's asking for your BT telephone number.

0 Ratings