Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sultana55
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

I have not recieved Final bill Refund !!!!!! HELP

Go to solution
So my brother went crazy for the nw Iphone and got a contract out on my name however we had problems eecieving it so after so many attempts of fixing things it was closed this is a longgggg story if i go on explaining it which caused me stresss.

Now the account was closed nearly a month ago but they still after 2 weeks too a direct debit payment of £68.40 on the 13th of october. So i rang up bt custimer service next day to ask about a refund they put me through to billing team who dident even know how to speak politely and took me 15 minutes on the phone. Now this indian call centre lady says it will be in ur account in 7 working days i said arw u sure she said yes the money will be in ur account in tge next few days. So i waited .... no regund 7 working days gone. I thiught my bank may know if they have it i rang barclays and they said we dont see any payments about to come in you need to contact the company directly and uf not sorted call us back. So i rang bt again they said the same thing again they said they just processed it and ut will be in my acvount this week. Now its been 2 weeeks since they took my direct debit payment i still have not recieved my miney and its been 13 working days but 2 weeks and 1 day. Im fed up up of ringing bt constantly as rhey only say the same thing to me but cant give me any other support as they are not trained properly !!!!! Im very angry can anyone help me with my refund of a direct debit payment.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: I have not recieved Final bill Refund !!!!!! HELP

Go to solution

Provided that you have not cancelled the Direct Debit, it will be refunded directly to your bank. If you have cancelled it, then BT would send you a cheque to your billing address.

0 Ratings
Sultana55
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hello and how long would that take ? As its already been 2 weeks and few days this week including will start to ge 3 weeks this has not been solved. The bad thing is the people in the customer service dont give you any valid answers and just try to get rid of u by telling fibs. Ive rang up 3 times about my phone bill now once they said 7 days next they said wait till 3 pm next day ur may bank might be still processing it next phone call hey said this week defininately now its a new week and im still waiting . Ive read more topics similar to mine and it just sounds like bt do not like giving refunds back. Big company like bt this is soo not what i expected from them honestly never even thinking about being a customer with them again!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Three important words: Direct Debit Guarantee https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx

If money has been wrongly taken out of your account by direct debit, you can go to your bank and ask for a full and immediate refund of all the money.  If BT won't sort it, your bank must refund you.

0 Ratings