cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patch7
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

I'm out of contract. I've got a temporary hearing problem but would like to chat with Retentions

Hello,

Apologies for coming to this forum but I've looked high and low to no avail on the BT site for where people with hearing difficulties can contact BT.

I've been reasonably happy with BT with the exception of having to go through their offshore call centre helpdesk.

I've got temporary hearing issues that mean I cannot deal with this matter via the 0800 800 850 number.

I've been out of contract since February 2017 regarding my broadband, landline, TV and entertainment package.

At the moment I'm with EE for my mobile phone services but that contract read out at the end of August 2017.

As such I'm looking for the best deal that I can get for the following:

1. Broadband, landline, TV and entertainment package (please note that last month BT started billing me £3.50 for the sports pack even though I never asked for it)
  2. The family sim - essential plan - 3 x sim cards - 5gb plan, unlimited texts and unlimited calls unlimited Wi-Fi.

Can someone from Retentions / Customer Options please contact me via email or chat to help me with this matter.

Thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: I'm out of contract. I've got a temporary hearing problem but would like to chat with Retentions

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read

This link may help you https://www.bt.com/help/home/contactus/#/home

Highlighted
Patch7
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: I'm out of contract. I've got a temporary hearing problem but would like to chat with Retentions

Hi John46,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

Unfortunately, in the meantime have had the file a complaint against BT regarding the way that they appear to treats people with hearing issues.

I've been given a complaint reference number and I wait to hear BT's response.

My BT broadband contract ended in February 2017 and my EEE mobile contract ended at the end of August 2017.

I was considering renewing my BT broadband contract with BT and transferring my EE mobile business to a BT family sim plan but after this afternoon's huge waste of time and the discovery of how BT treats people with hearing issues I've decided to put everything on hold until I hear back from BT's complaints Dept.

That said I will be contacting BT's media department about how BT appears to treat people with hearing problems.

Once again, many thanks for taking the time to reply to my initial enquiry.

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Patch7 I have hearing issues myself, but have managed to communicate with bt either on the web chat or email. It seems to me bt have a lot more options than most other businesses for those with difficulties. 

See this.

http://btplc.com/Inclusion/

Patch7
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi Zombie - thank you for your reply. This is what they suggested I should do if I couldn't speak with them directly via the telephone - "do you have any one from your family or neighbour who can speak on behalf of you with teh team?"

Incredible that BT is asking people to do this in this day and age.
0 Ratings