Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fstanis
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

I'm paying for internet, yet still haven't received my equipment

Go to solution

This has grown into a huge frustration this week.

I applied online for internet around two weeks ago and it was activated on the 7th. However, the equipment, which was dispatched on the 2nd, somehow got lost and ended up in Newcastle. I contacted BT on the 7th, as soon as I saw it won't be arriving, and they said the package is being sent back to them (for some reason), so they sent a new hub, which was supposed to arrive today.

This second hub apparently never got shipped - I still see it as "awaiting dispatch", yet it also says "Your order is complete".

Finally, I called BT again today. They said they will send a new hub - again - and now I see a new order which now says "You will not be able to see details of the order."

I'm completely unclear on what's happening here and when, if ever, I'll get the service I'm already apparently paying for.

Edit: After giving yet another call to a rep, he assured me the equipment will arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Second edit: Well, it seems I also received an e-mail to "return the faulty kit" (which I never received) and that I'll have to pay for it if I don't. What's going on?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: I'm paying for internet, yet still haven't received my equipment

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @fstanis Sorry you have not received your Smart Hub.

If you would like us to help you with this please send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

It can take a few days to get to you so hopefully you will receive the hub that was ordered today. 

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
fstanis
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I just received my first bill and apparently I was also charged for this "extra" router:

£7.95
This is the charge for the delivery of your BT product - 8 Feb 17

This is apparently distinct from the other £9.99 charged for activating the service.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
contact JohnC2 he will be able to help you
0 Ratings
fstanis
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It seems my apparent bad luck continues, as Royal Mail has informed me that they tried to deliver the equipment today, but failed and left a "Something for you". I found no such note when I got home and they informed me that, without the note, I can't pick up the package from the Delivery Office. Insane.

After contacting BT support yet again, I was told they'd try to send the equipment again, this time to my office. Sadly, this means:

• I received another "You need to return your kit" e-mail from BT.
  • No hope for internet until some time next week.

I have provided the required info to JohnC2 and am really hoping he could help shed some light here.

0 Ratings