Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

I've been charged £20.25 for BT Sport Lite

Go to solution

I wondered why my bill was so expensive and I noticed I've been charged for BT Sport Lite? I've never used it or asked for it and I've never been charged for it before so I'm wondering why it was added to my account without me asking for it to be? I don't even watch sport.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: I've been charged £20.25 for BT Sport Lite

Go to solution
It sounds like you are billed quarterly and now being charged the BT Sport price of £6.75 per month? I think that is applicable when a broadband minimum contract term has been completed and the broadband has not been re-contracted. This is known as the broadband being 'out of contract'.

What exactly does the BT Sport section on the full bill and earlier bills state? It's normally clear when you are getting a larger BT Sport loyalty discount for being 'in contract' with the broadband.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @SteveBB If you have just started to be charged for BT Sport Lite it could be that you are now at the end of your broadband contract. 

Contact our chat online team here and they'll be happy to check out this charge for you. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
SteveBB
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It was due to being out of contact, but what I don't understand is why I was charged for it at all? When it stopped being free I spoke to BT and told them I had no interest in BT Sport or sport in general and that I wanted it removed from the account and they said they would do that but they didn't. I have just spoken to them and asked for them to fully remove it so hopefully they did this time, I also have a refund pending so I still have to pay the full amount this time. Oh well, at least it's sorted I guess. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @SteveBB and glad you have got it sorted. 

cheers

John

0 Ratings