Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enormouschicken
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

I've been overcharged on my bill

Go to solution

Hi, I've just received my bills. I get two separate bills, one for line rental (monthly), one for broadband / home hub.

My broadband / home hub bill has been overcharged, specifically on the usage details under 'other'. It seems that I'm being charged for calls made during the day, which shouldn't be happening as I am on the unlimited UK anytime plan as regards phone calls, which I set up on 31st March and have a letter confirming the details.

Anyone got any idea which number I should call or who I need to speak to? I can't just 'query a call' on my bill as that would be a time-consuming process for the number of calls I'd have to query.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: I've been overcharged on my bill

Go to solution

@enormouschicken wrote:

Hi, I've just received my bills. I get two separate bills, one for line rental (monthly), one for broadband / home hub.

My broadband / home hub bill has been overcharged, specifically on the usage details under 'other'. It seems that I'm being charged for calls made during the day, which shouldn't be happening as I am on the unlimited UK anytime plan as regards phone calls, which I set up on 31st March and have a letter confirming the details.

Anyone got any idea which number I should call or who I need to speak to? I can't just 'query a call' on my bill as that would be a time-consuming process for the number of calls I'd have to query.

Cheers.

Hi enormouschicken and welcome

Ok, I'm a little confused here. There could be more!:smileywink:

Do you mean that you have a bill for landline rental and calls plus a bill for your broadband including home hub phone calls?

If I'm correct, have you been pressing 5 and then the number you want to call using the hub phone other wise you will be billed for phone calls using the hub phone. If I remember correctly the hub phone calls are free at evenings and weekends.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Are you on free anytime calls for the landline, the broadband talk, or both? They count as two separate lines when it comes to calling plans.
0 Ratings
enormouschicken
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for answering. 

I have been using my hub phone to make calls during the day, and no, I have not been pressing 5.

It was never explained to me that I should need to as I was under the impression that the hub phone ran through my landline.

Am I to understand that in order to make free calls during the day, I need to dial 5 before every number using my hub phone?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@enormouschicken wrote:snip

I have been using my hub phone to make calls during the day, and no, I have not been pressing 5.

Hi. You're not the first and you won't be the last

It was never explained to me that I should need to as I was under the impression that the hub phone ran through my landline.

BT's 'get outta jail' is that it's clearly written in the hub phone manual

Am I to understand that in order to make free calls during the day, I need to dial 5 before every number using my hub phone?

To use the hub phone as a 'normal' landline phone then yes press 5 or disable the BBT (Broadband Talk) via the hub manager - I'd just press 5 - it's easier:smileywink:

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
enormouschicken
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

That's cool I've disabled it in my hub manager. I'm better with IT than billing apparently. The reason this all came about is because at the beginning of April, I chose to sign up for Anytime calls, thinking that it would apply to both home hub and landline.

The fact that it may not was never explained.

I will now get onto them and try to reclaim my lost £35.

Thanks very much for your help.

0 Ratings
Fran
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Please tell me why when I rang and downgraded to Option ONE I am now paying for Option THREE again, I told the person on the phone I could not afford to be paying over £200 each quarter and so she went through everything with me, I Downgraded to option 1 from option 3 as there was no need for me to have option 3, the lady also went through other things and we ended up agreeing that my monthly paymants would not exceed £20, yet suddenly I am paying between £60 and £80 per month, and this DOES NOT Include my BT Vision that is seperate, I am not happy that this has been changed back to option 3 WITHOUT my permission and I dont think I should forced to pay it, if this does actually get read by aomeone from BT Please amend my account to the way it should be

Waiting to hear from you a.s.a.p

Fran

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Fran,

I'll be happy to have a look at your account and see whats happened and get this straightened out for you.

Could you drop me an email please to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your BT account and telephone number and a link back to this thread.

Cheers

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BillRamp
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I have just had a look at my recent usage, and had a shock to find I have been charged £45.53 for a 10mins 45 sec conversation with my wife who made a reverse charge call from hospital (she was not able to use the hospital phone).   It was  made at 22:56 on a Sunday evening, off-peak and local.  'My Account' section  on the website is now having changes so I am unable to contact by Live Chat......and I cannot find a number to ring.

First problem in 25years.    Bill

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
WFDOC
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
The only way to get things done, I have found: is to write to both Durham and London offices, which is strange: considering that we are dealing with the swiftest form of communication!
0 Ratings