cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SnuffBennet
Message 1 of 3

I've never had an account or contract with BT yet Ive received a debt collection letter!

Hello,

Today, Saturday 09/06/2012 I have a received a letter from Past Due Credit Solutions.

They state that their client is BT Group PLC and that under one of my previous addresses I have an ourstandng debt or £116.64. 

At that address I only lived there for approx 6 weeks and I signed up for Telephone & BB services with Virgin Media. The interesting thing is I left in this property approx. 6 years ago and I have never heard I thing from BT or Virgin about any debt.

I contacted Virgin today who confirmed that my services at that address are ceased and that they account, although still open, had no outstanding balance.

I would like to know why BT are doing this as I've never had a single arrangement with British Telecom.

I would like a customer service agent to contact me in regards.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: I've never had an account or contract with BT yet Ive received a debt collection letter!

this is a community forum where customers help customers and only bt employees are the forum mods.  your post does not go to BT..

try the online chat and see if they can help 

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: I've never had an account or contract with BT yet Ive received a debt collection letter!

I think you'll have to contact BT yourself.  Posting here won't make it happen.

You say "about 6 years".  If it's over 6 years, then it's worth knowing that debts cannot be enforced in the courts if they have waited over 6 years to claim, whether or not you ever owed the money.  In the meantime, if they contact you again, tell the debt collection agency that you dispute the claim and they must refer it back to BT.