Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I want to Cancel my BT Broadband and Calls Package

i have recenetly moved from sky to BT on the basis that BT was cheaper. But i have recently found out that i wasnt receiving unlimited Broadband and that i went over my usage limited by 60gb, and that i will have to pay £50 ontop of my Package price and Line Rental. i call up and they said that i cannot do anything and also that i went over the broadband limited for February and March. so the only thing that i could of done was to upgrade to unlimited Broadband and evening and weekend calls, which all together comes out at £40.60 including Line rental. Sky is Offering The same package at £19.75. that is half the price i am paying now, i need help in finding out a way to cancel my BT Package as it is costing me a fortune to keep. is there anything i can do?

P.S The Cancelation Fee is like £250 and my contract will end in June 2013.  

Distinguished Sage

Re: I want to Cancel my BT Broadband and Calls Package

[ Edited ]

JNagra wrote:

i have recenetly moved from sky to BT on the basis that BT was cheaper. But i have recently found out that i wasnt receiving unlimited Broadband and that i went over my usage limited by 60gb, and that i will have to pay £50 ontop of my Package price and Line Rental. i call up and they said that i cannot do anything and also that i went over the broadband limited for February and March. so the only thing that i could of done was to upgrade to unlimited Broadband and evening and weekend calls, which all together comes out at £40.60 including Line rental. Sky is Offering The same package at £19.75. that is half the price i am paying now, i need help in finding out a way to cancel my BT Package as it is costing me a fortune to keep. is there anything i can do?

P.S The Cancelation Fee is like £250 and my contract will end in June 2013.  

No, you entered into a legal contract so if you cancel, then you will be charged the cancellation fee, its as simple as that.

You can normally upgrade your broadband without it affecting your calls package.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36397/c/346,402,5685

It looks to me to be £25 a month including evening and weekend call, plus line rental.

You may find that Sky cost does not include line rental, which is usually hidden in the small print.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Beginner

Re: I want to Cancel my BT Broadband and Calls Package