cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: IS IT NECESAARY FOR BT TO MAKE MY WIFE CRY ????

Dear Sage

How very interesting & thank you.   If BT had been honest from the outset and had this information available, we would not have contracted for Infinity 2.  I understand the concept of attenuation of a line signal.  

The results, below,  underline that BT continues to mislead by offering Infinity 2 to our address off their website.  This is something that needs to be taken up with OFCOM and the Advertising Standards  Authority perhaps.

It is such a shame that the professional and personal qualities of two BT engineers that I have met socially and discussed the above are not matched by the commercial side of the business.

I was trained in NE England also by a blue chip company and it is my expectation that if I agree with a Company's representative that the engineer's charge will be waived, I expect that verbal agreement to be honoured.  

I also expect BT to resolve its disputes itself, especially after I have paid for a premium service that both BT engineers said was not worth it as we would never receive the speed. BT should not shove its responsibilities onto an Ombudsman.

You my reduct my BT complaint numbers, but this just to prove this is a real live case and should serve as a warning to potential Infinity 2 purchasers of the possible pitfalls and you may be disappointed.

Incidentialy we dumped the BT TV service as every time it rained the television pixelated and stopped; service resuming a little while after the rain had passed.  It took two months to sort that out on the bill  ie TWO HOURS OF OUR TIME

The above may account for why the Enquiry Officer at the Ombudsman Services said that my telephone line was all crackly.

I would urge all of you to report instances of poor service to OFCOM,  since I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT OUR SPOUSES SHOULD BE MADE TO CRY BY BT.

Here are the results with explanatory stuff.  Basically  after a certain distance perhaps 500 metres away from the green cabinet your internet speed drops off a cliff, made worse if the cabinet does not have a filter to reduce cross talk interference.  BUYERS BEWARE.

Thank you again John 46 Distinguished Sage.   This thread now ends.  These matters will be taken up at a Governmental level this weekend.  I remain extremely unhappy with BT's business ethics and poor customer service.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 0...................1 on Exchange SMALLBURGH is served by Cabinet 2

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

HighLowHighLow        

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Range A (Clean)62.246.417.611.8--Available--------
VDSL Range B (Impacted)49.93014.16.7--Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2 to 6Available--------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 3.5Up to 0.52 to 6Available--------
ADSL MaxUp to 2.5--1.5 to 5Available--------
Fixed Rate1 ----Available--------
VDSL Multicast------Available--------
ADSL Multicast------Available--------

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Jan-2016; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2016.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number, NAD, UPRN or Access Line ID (ALID) check.

Note: If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Hi @FEDUP2016 and welcome.

I’m very sorry you’ve had such a hard time getting these issues resolved. I think what’s happened here is that you’ve had a broadband engineer out but because there is noise on the line you actually require a line engineer to get that sorted. Once the line issue is resolved your Infinity connection should improve. I can appreciate how frustrating this has been for you and I’ll be happy to help you if you wish. Just drop me over an email with your details and we’ll take it from there. You’ll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

My wife has asked me to formally ask Mr Gavin Patterson CEO BT and Sir Michael Rake Chairman BT through this forum as to whether they consider it is acceptable for a business to cause their wives for so much distress?

After all gentlemen you are accountable for the smooth running of BT.

Personal replies from both gentlemen would be appreciated and open to public gaze on this forum. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 23

Not wanting to sound rude but as already mentioned the "Heads" of BT are not going to pop onto these forums, you posting this hasnt helped your problem.

I would personally follow DavidM's reply as he actually works for BT.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Grand standing on Radio 4 and on Sunday ITV are no longer sufficient. 

This posting will help with the improvement of the broadband and telephone service.  Customers are key to any profitable business, and we are totally fed up with BT. As my wife says BT has not improved in 20 years.  If the Authorities have to force improvements upon BT and my correspondence with Sharon White OFCOM helps the trail of evidence will continue to be submitted.

There are BT reps from abroad putting the phone down on her whilst sorting out invoice queries, a common problem apparently according to a UK based BT rep, who raised a complaint on our behalf.

I would like to see a swinging fine imposed upon BT and probably a resignation.

Why should we have to put up with all this ?

Thank you very much for your time.

0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

I have contacted the moderation team and I understand it is the weekend.

I also really appreciate the BT engineers with whom I have met by chance in my line of work.  These guys actually understand customers and the monetary game of Russian Roulette that we play when we allow an engineer into our house with regard to charges.

0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

I should like to take this opportunity to thank the Lady in invoice complaints who actually listened, read the database notes and took decisive action to sort out the conscientious Bt engineer's charge, this morning.  Thank you.

BT should continue to focus on its key activity of providing fast and secure internet services.  Whilst remembering it is a modern Public Service, and that if its business processes are smartened up very quickly, it would have nothing to fear if it was opened up to competition. 

Your customers are not numpties.  A lot of us have been in business dealing with the general public too. With all due respect BT's Directors might well take some useful guidance from this thread, it is after all free advice from a customer in the market place.

Seasonal Wishes

0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

THIS  IS NOT SOLVED BT HAS GONE BACK ON ITS UNDERTAKING ON SATURDAY AND TAKEN £129.99 FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT TODAY. 

BASICALLY  BT  DOES NOT HONOUR ITS AGREEMENTS &  VERBAL UNDERTAKINGS MAKE AT EXEC COMPLAINT LEVEL

REMOVE THE SOLVED  SIGN FROM THIS EDIT PLEASE.

0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Re: IS IT NECASSARY FOR BT TO MAKE MY WIFE CRY IS NOT SOLVED ??????? MONEY TAKEN

ON TOP OF THIS £135 by BT for charging for Infinity 2 which  BT now admits after months of wrangling it can't supply.

0 Ratings
FEDUP2016
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Re: IS IT NECASSARY FOR BT TO MAKE MY WIFE CRY IS NOT SOLVED ??????? MONEY TAKEN

WE WANT AN ELECTRONIC BANK TRANSFER RETURNING THE FUNDS FORTHWITH.

THIRD MONTH IN A ROW OF BILLING ERRORS FROM BT.     TOTALLY & UTTERLY USELESS 

0 Ratings