cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cinders59
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Illegally take £500 charge from Widow after cancellaition with 14 days cooling off period

My Sister who was recently widowed, renewed her husbands contract 24th Feb 2017, as the cost was still too high for her, her and my Nephew cancelled within the 14 days cooling off period they though everything was ok.

They signed up with Sky at a cheaper contract and received their confirmation letter on 11th March to say they would deal with the changover.

March 28th my sister received a letter from BT saying they were going to take £500 as they had cancelled their contract, after them ringing BT they were assured the money would NOT be taken as the lady confirmed that they had cancelled within the cooling off perion.

When my sister checked her bank the money had been taken out on 4th April so they rung and spoke to a man Pradad and he after over 20mins on the phone assured she would get a refund within 3 to 5 working days.

My sister checked her bank today (12th April) and the money was not there, so she rung BT again and was told that a manager would ring back, she then received a call straight away form someone saying they were from BT and that someone was trying to hack into theie internet, it was a scam call.

I then said I would speak to BT for her, and then spent over half an hout arguing with someone that this behaviour was disgusting, the way they have treated a recently widowed ex customer, and not refunded her money which she could not afford to lose. I tried in vain to speak to a manger to be constantly told that one would ring in the next 24 to 48 hrs which is not good enough.

Int the end I just gave up, was given a VOL number as supposidly been raised high for a refund and that she would get a call in the next 24 hours, He asked foe a mobile for her and I had tosay 3 times she does not own one.

I will help her go to Offcom as this is no way to treat someone who is suffering at the loss of her husband and is not well herself, and I will try and get some compensation for her for the stress this has put her through the last 6 weeks since renewing wit BT

What a shocking company you are that you cannot speak to a manager when you ring, you are a disgrace for what you have done to my sister.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Illegally take £500 charge from Widow after cancellaition with 14 days cooling off period

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Illegally take £500 charge from Widow after cancellaition with 14 days cooling off period

Hi @cinders59,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your Sister has had. She shouldn't have to worry about something like this. We'll get it all looked into for you and do our best to sort it all out. Please get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. That will let you raise a trouble ticket directly to my team.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings