cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softsorter
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

In Contract But Big Price Increase again ?

Go to solution

I have been a loyal customer of BT for 29 years on my phone and 10 years on my broadband

I went into a 18month on the 17th july 2015 (renewed) contract which runs until 17th January 2017 at the package price of £24.15

Previously when in contract my price stayed at the same price, I was surprised in November to be billed £27 odd pence and now my latest bill todays comes to £34.65 a increase of over £10, now a contracts a contract where I come from and previously I paid that price for the period of the contract. Why has my price increased twice since agreeing to a new contracted price? November when I rang up I pointed out i'm in contract they simply said we have changed the pricing and you can leave with no penaly and we can cut your service off now.

I'm disgusted by the treatment from BT and its getting worse, I hope this can be sorted out otherwise my family will all be leaving (6 propeties)

I have sent a PM to a mod to see what they come back with but I suspect its as above "We have increased our prices and you can leave now bbbrrrr cut off "

I have not recieved by letter or email any notification of a price increase ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: In Contract But Big Price Increase again ?

Go to solution

The moderators do not normally reply to PMs. See link

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/93164...

When you renewed your contract did you agree the price with BT at that time?

There was a recent price rise, which will have automatically been included when you renewed your contract. BT do not normally waive any price rises when a contract is being renewed unless it is part of the negotiation at the time of the renewal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
softsorter
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: In Contract But Big Price Increase again ?

Go to solution

Sorted after a 1 1/2hr phone call it was caused by the special offer on the broadband not being taken over into the new 18m contract, not allowed they said, as pointed out in our email to you pointing out the changes,

I pointed out nope never had any such email? so the chap here in the UK said then in that case I'll check back in your records of the email! nope none - you can leave your contract with no penality, so I cancelled the whole lot, broadband, phone and tv and then Kevin did a new deal for me which was less than the previous price.

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings