cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vangelis
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Inability to Schedule Ground Works

Looking to get BT Broadband at my property which doesn't currently have a phone line.

Therefore will need to get BT to lay a line from cabinet/road to my property and then have an engineer come out to do the work in the property and activate etc.

The problem I have is BT is unable to correctly schedule the ground works to take place. They keep sending engineers out who turn up with a screwdriver etc, but I need them to turn up with a disc cutter and/or Kango...

I understand BT outsource this work to a 3rd party, however noone (BT / BT OpenReach) seems to be able to check/instigate this ground works.

Process as I understand is.. I ring BT, they contact BT OpenReach, they contact anonymous 3rd party to carry out the ground works.

Question I have is - How can I check the status, or whether the 3rd party has even been contacted by BT, as my call handler is not providing this information and Engineers keep turning up 😞

Vangelis...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Inability to Schedule Ground Works

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

Only Openreach would be able to deal with this, once its passed the planning stage. Openreach would then assign a contractor to do the actual work.

You job may still be in the planning stage.

Is this a new build?

0 Ratings
Vangelis
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

No, it's an older property. Had Virgin cable before and moved to BT as they were offering the Line as part of the deal.

Do I need to goto the BT OpenReach froums to ask this question? Problem I have is if its with a 3rd party I will never know if it's scheduled, unless OpenReach can check their systems?

Vangelis

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If there's no line plant from the DP to your home then it should autonatically generate a task for Openreach planning to "plan" some new cable installation.

I'm going through this at the moment for my move to a new build. I couldn't have been more unlucky if I tried...my neighbour to be was connected no problems 2 weeks ago but they've now apaprenrly ran out of D-Sides from the cabinet so are now having to plan in new bar pairs at the cab and run new D-Side cabling. Looks like it's gonna take a while 😞
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Vangelis
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

This is the bit BT OpenReach seem unable to tell me!

I would be happy if status was planned and i knew it had generated a ticket to get the line put in - Does anyone know the name of the system BT OpenReach use to check status of a new line into a property?

Vangelis

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If an engineer has visited and there's no line plant he should have returned the job with the relevant code prompting the job to be sent to the relevant queue.

Have you spoken with BT order managemenr and asked them to contact Openreach for an update? They are able to do this as they have done so for myself.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings