Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Incompetence beyond belief - Letter to Libby Barr

Libby,

I really don’t know where to being with just how much grief and hassle your company put people through.

It’s absolutely impossible to use your automated service and it’s not fit for purpose.

Whenever I’m unlucky enough to speak to one your incompetent staff it’s not in any level of English I know.

How difficult can it be to set up a direct debit? Not that difficult one would think. But after an hour with your company guess what? I’ve still not managed to do it.

The letter you sent me said I can do it at www.bt.com/mybt Great I thought, but oh no whenever I try to log in I get this…..

Warning

Sorry, we can't complete your request. There's a problem with your security question and you need to give us some extra information. Please click here now to chat with us online.

It doesn’t even ask my security question so I click on the link and after waiting someone who’s name is unpronounceable comes online. This is our chat……….

**Edited**

So Libby, why would you give a link that isn’t related to the problem?

Anyway, I gave up on that and think I’ll try the tel number that you suggest in the letter you sent me. 0800 44 33 11. Would you believe it I can’t set up a DD on that either? And that was after the voice recognition offered every option apart from the words I was saying. Helpful huh?

So, I have another go and this time I’m told by an automated voice that I can’t set up a DD  because I owe you 5p. Yes, a whole 5p. I then attempt to pay this vast amount by card over the phone and just as I get to entering the final numbers it transfers me to a call centre in India. Have I paid your 5p? I have no idea. Have I managed to set up a DD. NO!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Incompetence beyond belief - Letter to Libby Barr

Hi MissVictoria,

Thanks for posting and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having setting up a direct debit.  I understand that you've tried a few methods with no joy.

No need to worry as we'll help set it up from here.  You'll see the link to get in touch with us in my profile under the section "about me".  You'll find it by clicking on my username.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Just to clarify for other users.

You have removed the incompetent chat dialogue I had to endure too.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Just to clarify for others, as per the Forum guideline that you agree to when using the forum, it is against the forum rules to post Live Chat transcripts.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/BTCare-Community-Forums-User-Guidelines/td-p/1375043

Email & Live Chat

Please do not post any emails or live chat transcripts that you have received from another person.  In most scenarios these contacts will be intended as a private conversation rather than public discussion.  It’s fine to paraphrase the contents of the message but posting in its entirety will be removed by the moderators.   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

the mods will have contacted you and explained why part of your post has been removed - as per gg30340 post

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MissVictoria
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Update.........

Within 2 hours of my email hitting Ms Barr's inbox she had one of her staff (in the UK) contact me and he sorted out the issue and followed up with me.

Why did it take such drastic action? Why are your customer service teams not fit for purpose?

0 Ratings