Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliceleonard97
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Incorrect BT Default on Experian & Equifax Credit File

Hello, 

I was hoping you could help me today. 

I am in the process of buying a home and have noticed that I have a default from 2018 for £23 on my Experian & Equifax Credit Reports.  I have disputed this with both CRA's multiple times and i always receive the same response. 

"Please advise the customer to contact BT Customer Services on 0800 800 150 to make a payment or if the customer wishes to dispute the charges. Once the outstanding balance has been cleared, the Credit File will automatically update to show as a satisfied default."

However, i have since contacted your team on MULTIPLE occasions and after hours of them trying to locate my account they stated that there is no outstanding payments or bills to pay on my account? 

I am now at a loose end as i have been chasing BT, Experian & Equifax and you all state different things. I would just like to get this cleared up and paid for as it is for such little amount. I have no clue who to contact anymore as nobody can find my account or bill at BT, but when disputed on Experian & Equifax they just tell me to contact BT - so i am going round in circles every single time! 

Please can you help me to settle this payment or take the default of my credit file if this account cannot be located and the information is incorrect. I have been trying for months now and keep getting told a different story every single time. 

I also have a reference number from a dispute with Experian about the default. Your team told me to get one of these and they can take the default off my file. Reference: B1360625

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 22

Re: Incorrect BT Default on Experian & Equifax Credit File

Hi @aliceleonard97 

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having getting your dispute settled.  I appreciate the amount of your time you have spent on this.  Thanks for raising the dispute with Equifax, that's the right thing to do.

As you've raised the dispute, we'll chat to a colleague to understand what the next steps are for getting this settled.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
dublo87
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Hi @RobbieMac 

I am also looking for some advise regarding what to do to correct some incorrect information on my credit file,

I have already raised with Equifax who have been in contact with BT who have agreed and are changing the information however i cant see how to do this for Experian and they direct me to BT who have said I should go through Experian?

Quite frustrating as its been agreed the changes should be made so sure that should reflect on both Experian and Equifax credit files.

Thanks in advance

John

0 Ratings
EJE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

@aliceleonard97 

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm in the exact same position! Nightmare.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 22

Hi @dublo87 and @EJE have you followed the credit file dispute process as per the information on this link?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
EJE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Hi @NeilO 

Yeah I've had 3 cases opened and closed with Experian and Equifax. All same generic response. 

Johnc2 mod has taken some details from me and I missed a call on Wednesday from BT, not heard anything since though. Guessing the call was related. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 22

Thanks, @EJE. I can see it's @RobbieMac who's working on that for you.  I can see he's raised cases with the relevant teams and he'll call you back when he has an update. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
EJE
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Thanks @NeilO  & @RobbieMac  much appreciated

0 Ratings
aliceleonard97
Beginner
Message 9 of 22

@EJE  Nope, I was sent a message saying BT would be in contact - they never have been? 

I also sent a message to the person dealing with my case asking for an update on the 3rd of March & have not received a response! Hope you’ve had more success than me! 

0 Ratings
aliceleonard97
Beginner
Message 10 of 22

1253058E-8381-49DC-B16E-8744D11B1051.png

Nope, I was sent a message saying BT would be in contact - they never have been?

I also sent a message to the person dealing with my case asking for an update on the 3rd of March & have not received a response! Hope you’ve had more success than me!

Now I’m unable to contact you @RobbieMac?

Please can somebody help me, it’s been weeks since I first posted this and haven’t had anyone contact me from BT to help!? 

0 Ratings