Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamusuk
Beginner
Message 11 of 20

Re: Incorrect Bill - Charged for calls I didn't make

Hi @RobbieMac

That's correct, I only have the BT Home Hub connected.

I have sent my details to you as per your instructions.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Jamusuk
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

So got a call from BT on Monday and they confirmed that the call charges will be refunded, great!

However I've just returned home to find that my broadband isn't working. I reset the router which didn't work so I plugged in s phone to test the line, it's completely dead with no dial tone etc! Help!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Hi @Jamusuk Glad to hear the issue with your call charges has been sorted. I have updated your case handler that you have no dial tone now and they will look into this and get back to you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

I would just like to throw my hat into this and say I too ahve had this happen to me and was told on the phone after an hour that they would NOT refund the charges as I couldn't prove I don't have a phone and didn't make the calls. They even suggested that somebody must be breaking into my house to plug in their phone and make calls at all hours of the day. Their final solution was to charge me anotehr £25 to stop all outgoing calls from my number

0 Ratings
Philip1
Beginner
Message 15 of 20

Typical BT.

Always blame the customer.

I have been charged for a premium rate number I definitely didn't dial.

BT who must have provided this number and be making money from it say that they cannot tell me who I supposedly dialed. I reckon my number was hacked.

This would suggest that BT have a special relationship with such premium rate numbers. Take the profit without revealing its source. I don't think BT should associate itself with what appears to be criminal activity. Maybe the police department dealing with fraud will be able to access the location of this number which BT has no information on.

I find it all very strange that BT has little interest in fraud taking place on their systems.

Just blame the customer instead.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 20

Have you Googled the number dialled?
May be something like the red button on your tv/ sky box that can incur charges at times if pressed.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Philip1
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

Eventually found the number via google.

Its an unregiestered Japanese mobile number provided by SoftBank mobile - 09042895147.

I certainly didn't dial this number.

If it is unregistered how could I have been connected for 8 seconds and charged £2.60.

This really doesn't make any sense.

My TV and "boxes" are not connected to my BT phone. No BT broadband - just sat. broadband and yet my phone appeared to have dialed this none registered Japanese mobile number and I got charged

However I have noticed that there are UK premium number starting 090 and so it may not be this Japanese number after all.

Definiitely requires more investigation. Hopefully BT will tell me if its a UK number when I contact them again with the saame request.

Thanks for your advice.

Phil

PS Just realised that if it was a Japanese mobile the area code should have been included. Therefore a non starter - oops!

0 Ratings
Belinda1
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

Hi I wanted to find out what the £25 charge was as this is happening to me now and BT want to charge me £4.50 a month for call barring.  I am currently paying for someone to make calls using my phone line and BT just rudley say I am making the calls when I dont even use my landline

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

@Belinda1 wrote:

Hi I wanted to find out what the £25 charge was as this is happening to me now and BT want to charge me £4.50 a month for call barring.  I am currently paying for someone to make calls using my phone line and BT just rudley say I am making the calls when I dont even use my landline

This is already being dealt wiith here

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Being-charged-for-calls-I-didn-t-make/m-p/1735596#M87453

Its now been sorted, that was nice and quick Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

the number does not have belong to BT there are many other phone providers who have their own number ranges not every phone number belongs to BT
0 Ratings