Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickturner
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Incorrect openreach Engineers Report

Go to solution

On the 2nd May 2017 an engineer came to my home to check on a connection and speed problem in the end he said their was a none problem with the latest hub and changed it for the previous generation hub. this fixed the problem happy days. Now 3 and half months later I have been billed £129.99 for the visit, I promptly phoned BT to tell them of their mistake only to be told that the report from the engineer said the hub had been wired up wrong and no mention about replacing the hub. Anyway I logged a complaint and waited for their reply which came 48 hours later as promised to be told that they could only go on the engineers report so would be upholding the charge, when I mentioned how come I now have a different revsion of the hub, only to be told anybody could have changed it. I need to take this further but BT have done nothing to check the report against what I know happened I was there I spoke to the engineer face to face I have a different hub I know what he told me and none of it is in the report. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Message 2 of 6

Re: Incorrect openreach Engineers Report

Go to solution

Hi @nickturner,

I'll be able to dispute that charge and take a look at the engineer's report. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
nickturner
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

This is the serial number of the hub BT are saying wasnt changed, can this be traced to the engineers itinerary of spare hubs? 

Serial No.:- +068543+NQ50908618

This is the number of the hub he left me with because mine had a fault, he at no time said it was wired incorrectly only their was a fault on my hub and replaced it with the one with the number on above. 

0 Ratings
nickturner
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Another thing i have remembered now even 3 and half months later is that after openreach missed an appointment a week or so earler than the one when they bothered to turn up i wasnt happy agter missing a mornings wages bt was only prepared to give me £10 were as if it had been the other way round i would have to pay £129.99 so after that when the new appointmet was made i declined to accept the terms and conditions and carried on complaining until they daid they needed to resolve the problem so sent the engineer eventhough i would not accept bt terms and conditions please check your recordings of this coversation and you will find it correct
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @nickturner We are working on your case at the moment and will be in touch with you in a few minutes.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
nickturner
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
After the engineers report was checked and the case reveiwed by this man the charge has been dropped. So pleased I posted on this forum and didnt take the decision of the bt review team who's blind stuborness could have put some people off
0 Ratings