cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattlivermore
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Incorrect postcode - New Development, new build.

Hi there,

When I signed up to BT upon moving into my house I had to give a temporary postcode, as the house wasn't actually 'signed off' and therefore the postcode could not be released. (It's a new build, on a new development)

I ordered my BT package and explained the situation, and they said once I knew the correct postcode, it would be a quick phonecall and all would be sorted.

Well, many calls later and it's not sorted. They can't seem to grasp what I'm telling them, and fail to change it every time.

A simple postcode change shouldn't be too troublesome for a "technical helpline" - but it seems to be.

I've been prompted to write this forum post as I've just had yet another letter through with the wrong postcode, and this time it's letting me know how much the prices are going up. They can't even get my postcode right, yet they're going to charge me more. Cheers. Great service.

Can anyone on here help with this?

Regards,
Matt

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Incorrect postcode - New Development, new build.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Incorrect postcode - New Development, new build.

Hi mattlivermore,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the mix up with your postcode and that you've spoken with so many people and still aren't sorted.  Send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings