cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jph727
Message 1 of 7

Infinity 1 Home Hub 5 Orange Light - New Customer

Hello All

I am a new customer to BT, my activation date was Wednesday but the router has remained on a solid orange light since we got the activation confirmation text and email. We have stuck it in the test port as advised by BT last night but the light was still solid orange. I kept asking for an engineer to be sent out Monday because this is the only day next week anyone is in the flat, so if they don't come then we'll be without internet at least another week. However, the person on the phone said only level 2 can authorise that so they'll call again today between 6pm and 8pm to see if it's turned blue yet. Problem with this is I'll be driving back from work and my girlfriend will be at work so we're not going to be able to tell them what status the router is at!

I am convinced the work hasn't been done in the box at the end of our street and that our phone line simply hasn't been setup properly. Another thing to add is that we don't have a home phone to test the line.

Things we have tried:

• Switiching it off and on
  • Pressing the Reset button
  • Router is connected to the new microfilters that came with the router
  • It's definitely in the master socket
  • Pressing the factory reset button

Has anyone else been in this situation and what do people think is wrong please?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Infinity 1 Home Hub 5 Orange Light - New Customer

I have asked for help.

Meanwhile, does your master socket look like this, with the test socket behind the front?

nte.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7
Moved:

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Hi jph727,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry there's been problems getting you connected. Can you check the hub when you're home this evening and let us know how you get on. If you're still having problems at that point I'm sure we can help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jph727
Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith (and David)

Yes this is how my master socket looks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@jph727 wrote:

Hi Keith (and David)

Yes this is how my master socket looks.

Thanks. If you have plugged into the test socket behind, with a microfilter, and plugged the home hub 5 and a phone into the microfilter, and the phone works, then the problem is somewhere else.

Make sure you are getting the correct phone number by dialling 1470 17070, and listening to the announcement.

0 Ratings
jph727
Message 7 of 7

Unfortunately I'm one of these people who doesn't own a home phone, however, I have just acquired one from work so I'll try that later. Otherwise, I have indeed tried plugging the router into a microfilter which in turn is plugged into the test socket.

0 Ratings