Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mentonman
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Infinity 1 download allowance

Hi

I have BTinfinity 1 with a 40gb download allowance and am contracted untill June 2014.

On looking at the BT website it shows that Infinity 1 now has an allowance of 20gb.

Will this mean that on renewing my contract that this is what I will get.

For me it wouldn't be enough yet I am averse to paying the extra for unlimited.

BT certainly give the impression of squeezing us dry next year with all these changes.

Anyone out there know the answer?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity 1 download allowance

When your minimum term is up you have the option of doing nothing. That would mean your existing services continuing on a monthly basis (ie the up to 30 days notice required) but you would lose any special terms that were included in the original package. If you need to recontract, the package would comprise whatever is on offer at the time; there's usually room for negotiation, especially if you can quote better terms on offer elsewhere.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
mentonman
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for that reply but why when the general view is that download allowances are on the up do BT lower theirs.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

To get you to take an Unlimited package for more money.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

gg's right. It's called marketing, the reason it's so difficult to keep up with the price of anything from a tin of baked beans to a house.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings