cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bmastergeneral
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Infinity 2 Still Not Activated - Still No Contact From BT

On 3rd October I switched from Sky to BT infinity 2 and was given a 2 week date of installation, from the very outset I was informed that I could arrange this set up myself and there was no need for an engineer to be appointed to visit my property, we have recently moved in and I assumed this was because the previous owners had BT infinity and so all of the appropriate connections etc we’re already here.

For the next 2 weeks I received updates from BT confirming what stage we were at and when I could expect to receive my BT Home Hub, this progressed fine and I was quite impressed and grateful for being kept informed throughout. On the morning of the switch over, 17/10/14, I received an e-mail confirming my phone service was ready and I would receive another e-mail once the broadband had been activated, I went out that evening and to be honest completely forgot about it and so on Saturday morning I was rather disappointed to find I still had not received the e-mail confirming my broadband had now been activated, for comparative reasons Sky managed to do this immediately on the day they advised it would be.

A 40 minute conversation later, which involved speaking to an overseas call centre, whereby the call operator proceeded to take me through his 5 step-trouble-shooter-script despite the fact I didn’t even have a Broadband service to fix! Eventually he put me through to a very nice Welsh lady, who attempted to apologise for BT’s blunder, and get this problem resolved, she explained another department would need to process my order again and I would receive a call Monday, hopefully first thing.

To date I still haven’t had any contact from BT, or been given any indication as to when I can expect to have my BT infinity 2 activated, I am loathe to spend more time and money on the phone, especially as it seems BT only became aware of this complete gaffe when I made the original phone call to chase it up!

As you can appreciate this is not a good start, I work from home and so a broadband connection is absolutely crucial to my job and the fact I am having to write this to you from a coffee shop, where I am being forced to spend even more money unnecessarily, is just not good enough, this is further irritated by the fact I am probably being billed for a service I have yet to even use!

I would be most grateful if somebody with some kind of authority could take ownership of this problem and arrange for my Broadband to be activated ASAP, after hearing such good things about BT Infinity, from friends and family, I am extremely disappointed with the service thus far, I understand mistakes can happen and I am more than willing to reserve judgment by how you respond and deal with this complaint, but I am very much at the point of contacting Sky with my tail in-between my legs to ask them to switch back, something I imagine they will accomplish problem free.

Many thanks and I look forward to a response.

Ben

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Infinity 2 Still Not Activated - Still No Contact From BT

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Bmastergeneral,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the delay getting your BT Infinity service set up.  I'm happy to pick this up and get it sorted out for you.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Bmastergeneral
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thank you both for your responses and assistance, although I still haven't recieved any contact aside form the e-mails connfirming my incident has been logged.

Is there anyway I can chase this up by phone?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

after submitting the email you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help and it can take 3/5 working days for mods to get back to you - there is no phone number to contact mods and I would suggest not involving CS and wait for mods

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bmastergeneral
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for your prompt response, although the e-mail I received says 'our aim is to get back to you in 24hrs but at busier times it could take us up to 48hrs' no mention of 3/5 working days, if so I would not have bothered even posting here.

Thank you for your assistance, although please excuse my lack of enthusiasm, all my energy has been sapped spending the last 2 hours on the phone to Poojah.

0 Ratings