cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Infinity Connection Pain - Huge inconvenience. 15+ days without broadband

Ive been a happy sky customer for several years, and recent experiences switching to BT are making me question why I even bothered. The switch over of broadband has been nothing but a absolute pain and inconvenience and still is not sorted out.

30/09/2015

Order places to switch my phone line to BT and take up Infinity Broadband

03/10/2015

bt order management called and left a message on my voicemail

line scheduled to be connected on 15th

broadband has a problem - no ports available, next update will be on 16th so they will call before & replace the order.

I expected a call back from BT but never received one. I assumed that the line connection would be delayed until the 16th so that my existing sky broadband connection would not be lost until BT can supply me with the service.

15/10/2015

I receive an email from BT telling me that my line had been connected. I was a little surprised considering they told me my broadband would not be installed until the 16th. But I figured we could work around having no broadband for a day.

16/10/2015

I call BT at the end of the day because still no broadband set up. The customer service person does some tests and makes some calls and tells me theres a problem with the exchange and that they cannot set up my broadband until an engineer can correct the issue. She cannot give me any estimate of when that will happen but says they should have it resolved by tuesday. I tell her that it is causing us a huge inconvenience and request this is expedited. Because its friday, she says nothing can be done, but will call back on tuesday. I asked them to call back on monday but am told its not possible.

20/10/2015

Finally get a call from BT. Now Im told that the earliest setup date is another 10 days away on 30/10/2015. I explain again that this is not suitable for me. Im told theres nothing they can do.

So I am now without broadband for at least 15 days and this is purely the fault of BT. I had a working broadband connection and BT disconnected me KNOWING that it would break my broadband connection. My wife works from home and has been unable to work for the last few days. Its causing a huge inconvenience and is simply an unacceptable level of service.

I still have no garuntee of when my broadband will be fixed and frankly I'm pretty fuming. Its understandable if it took a while to get me connected when i didnt already have a broadband connection, but BT have actively DISCONNECTED my broadband.

Can someone please give me a garunteed installation date and expedite the work.

What can be done to speed this up and garuntee a connection date? If it isnt garunteed soon then I will want to pick someone else because I cannot afford to put up with this shoddy service. What are the laws around having my service cut off by BT and the compensation I can claim for inconveniences caused?

Thanks

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Infinity Connection Pain - Huge inconvenience. 15+ days without broadband

this is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT  the work is done by openreach who work fpr all ISP apart from cable not your ISP Bt retail

the forum mods may be able to check your order and they will post a link here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Hi Jmenziessmith,

I am sorry to hear that you have been left without a Broadband service. I can take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Thank you both.

I have sent a message using your link.

Thanks

0 Ratings
na121416
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

I know it's not an ideal solution but until they finally fix your broadband could you and your wife use BT Wifi/Openzone/FON? That's what I'm having to do at the moment because they messed up my order too, managing to disconnect me from TalkTalk but forgot/couldn't be bothered/are unable to connect me to BT.

Choose a Wi-fi connection called "BTWifi" or "BTWifi-with-FON" then go to any website e.g. Google and it should take you to https://www.btopenzone.com:8443/home

Enter your BT ID and password (this should be the email and password you ordered with) then click "Login" and you should be able to access the internet.

Highlighted
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

I have been trying to use fon but can only get it sitting in the corner of one room in my house which is not much use.

The guys from this forum called and said they would expedite the issue and bt customer services then called to say they have brought the date forward to the 26th.

I received a text message then confirming 'Hello. Following our conversation, just to confirm your BT Infinity service will be working on 26/10/2015 by midnight'

No surprise it's now the 27th and it's not working. Bt call to tell me it's not been installed because there is no space in the exchange. The exact same reason that they didn't connect me on the 15th and apparently no awareness that this was the issue.

I have told them again this is not acceptable, I have now received a text telling me they will be in contact on 4th of November. I'm so close to cancelling my contract and can't tell you how angry I am with the way I am being treated.

Broadband is a vital service for my wife who works from home and myself and it's simply unacceptable for bt to disconnect my service knowing that there is no space in the exchange and to continue to promise a connection date. How can I trust that I will ever be connected?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Hi jmenziessmith,

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  I can see that the delay is due to a capacity issue.  BT Wholesale aim to have this sorted by 3rd November and that's the reason why my colleagues have set this for the 4th November.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

the capacity issue will apply to all ISPs and not just BT Retail so any moving will just drop your place in the queue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Thanks, I understand this, but I was told the same thing on the 3rd before my broadband was cut off.

Why was I told it would be sorted out on the 30th, and then told it would be fixed on the 26th when there's still no capacity?

Surely BT know what capacity is in the exchange - they told me before they cut my connection - so stop promising things the cannot deliver. Im going to be complaining to ofcom because this service is totally unacceptable. And I will be claiming for compensation for the time this has wasted, the inconvenience caused when needing to work from home and the inevitable data charges on our mobile phones from having no wifi.

Really not impressed with BT one bit.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

writing to OFCOM wont help as they do not deal with individual cases but they will take a note of your contact

Bt Retail your ISP has no control over the capacity just the same as every other ISP

0 Ratings