cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Infinity Connection Pain - Huge inconvenience. 15+ days without broadband

Thanks imjolly, I had internet working perfectly fine before with sky. If it means I can't have fibre I'll have to do that but being told there's no space in the exchange is not an excuse when I've been promised a date and actually cut off from my existing broadband.

I don't expect ofcom to fix my issue but I'm sure they will take note. I know I'm not the only person BT are doing this to.

If BT are unable to garuntee me a connection date for fibre they should put me on adsl until they have a space in the exchange. There's no excuses for them treating people this way.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

the networks are owned and maintained by Openreach on behalf of all providers except cable operators and if they were to move you to adsl the lead time for connection could be longer that the wait for the capacity increase for fibre service and before you say about sky they also rely on openreach for their exchange connections
0 Ratings
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

if i switch to adsl, at least i get a better guarante of a connection whatever the lead time. right now bt are promising a connection date and then failing to deliver. I cant trust their word that they will connect me and theres enough other people on this forum who have waited a month to be connected that I know not to expect anything.
0 Ratings
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

I've got to say it's frustrating the amount of common posteres here who are just defending the actions of BT. It would seem from these posts that there is no hope, no solution, no one to contact, no one who can help, no alternative.

Absolutely crazy situation this in which we find ourselves.

0 Ratings
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

I know what I'm going to do. Write to BBC watchdog.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

@2412gary wrote:

I know what I'm going to do. Write to BBC watchdog.

Too late, its already been covered.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2014/11/bbc-watchdog-scalds-bt-openreach-new-home-install-delay...

0 Ratings
2412gary
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

That was a year ago. They do a lot of follow ups and recurring stories. Dont see why not.

jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

@RobbieMac I have sent you a PM

I dont know what the reps are told to say but i had this exact conversation with someone from BT this evening :

me : "can you 100% guarantee that on the 3rd November, my broadband will be working"
rep : "yes"

this was despite me explaining that i don't believe them because they have told me this 3 times already. I think someone needs to review what the reps tell people.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

The mods will not deal with problems via PM only via their Contact link which they will post if they invite you to contact them you will see this clearly posted in their signatures as shown below 

Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You

0 Ratings
jmenziessmith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Its now 6 weeks without a working internet connection and all i can say to anyone reading this is 

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR BT BROADBAND

I have been lied to by numerous customer service people, who garunteed me a connection date, even while I protested to them that they will not deliver on their promise. I have been in touch with the mods on this forum, who seem to have given up helping me. I was promised an interim solution of ADSL which would be "fasttracked" and connected in a few business days - still no ADSL connection a week later. My bt order page has hardly any information on it related to what is actually happening with my order. I get sent emails with connection dates which are in the past. The whole thing is a joke.

I have given BT enough chances to rectify their numeorous failures, but I can conclude that there is severe incompetence throughout this organisation. I have been very pleasent to everyone i have spoken to over the phone, and more than willing to allow them to solve the issues I have had. Ive learned the hard way, dont bother trusting BT. If you're lucky enough for you connection to get setup and working on time, then im sure its great, but if you need to speak to customer services you are screwed. The morality of this company really must be questioned when they are willing to take orders & disconnect your broadband without any ability to fulfil the order they take.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

0 Ratings