cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Infinity Package

Just been browsing the BT offers available to me and it says my broadband package is “Unlimited BT Infinity + Calls” and says I can get up to 52Mb Infinity 1 or up to 76Mb Infinity 2.

My bill also shows as “Unlimited BT Infinity + Calls”.

Seems a bit strange to me as I’m supposed to be on Infinity 1.

I’ll post a picture of the offers page from my PC later.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Infinity Package

from your recent stats you are on infinity 1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Well that's what I thought. It's just the conflicting information on the BT site. 

Here are two screen shots showing what I mean.

Picture2.pngPicture1.png

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

from the btspeedtester results you previously posted your up profile is 20mb suggesting you are on infinity 2.  your max estimated speed from dslchecker is about 34mb so there is no point in changing your package as you can't get any faster

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

There's no intention to upgrade my broadband package, I was actually looking at adding TV and spotted the discrepancy between what package I am on and what BT's offers page thinks I'm on.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

The packages have had a rebranding as follows

Unlimited Infinity 2 - the usual up to 76Mb
Unlimited Infinity - up to 52Mb
Infinity - up to 52Mb with 30GB download limit.

This is probably as a result of the 30GB package being called Infinity 1 for a while with the old Infinity 1  referred to as Unlimited at that time - somewhat confusing.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 7 of 9

I think you might be confused as to what is 'unlimited' ie it's referring the amount you can download not the speed.

0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

No I’m aware of what it refers to.

I’m questioning why I’m on a up to 52Mb package but BT’s upgrades page thinks I’m on an up to 38Mb package and is giving me the option to upgrade to an up to 52Mb or 76Mb package.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Not sure about that one, I know that infinity '1' used to be limited speed but every one got a free automatic upgrade to 52Mb. Your chances of finding out what's gone wrong here are remote IMHO !

0 Ratings