Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bigberi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Infinity activation date pushed back - no internet until then

Hi,

I've finally decided to take the plunge and move my existing Talktalk line and broadband over to BT and take BT Infinity 1 (mainly because of stories of Talktalk fibre slowing up dramatically at peak times didnt appeal to me).

Signing up process all went through fine and Talktalk got in touch to tell me BT will be taking over line and broadband on 17th August 2015 (as originally said by BT). So far so good.

I've just gone to 'track my order' to find the activation date of my BT infinity has been pushed back to 21st August 2015 (BT line still going through on 17th). I know its only an extra 4 days to wait, but thats 4 days without any internet as BT line will take over Talktalk line on 17th August and Talktalk services will cease on that day. I called BT to ask why it had been pushed back and they gave me the usual 'it could be a few different reasons etc' and to ask Talktalk if they will extend my service until further notice..... I really dont even want to try and do this as I'm sure multiple problems will occur from that.

After reading horror stories on the internet about people with the same problem, and their activation date has been pushed back numerous times, I cant help but be worried that the same will happen to me now.

Is this something that can be looked into or do I need to wait patiently without any internet for 4 days?

Regards,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity activation date pushed back - no internet until then

your BT line has to go live before infinity can be supplied to the line
0 Ratings
bigberi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

That's understandable, however the install date for infinity being 4 days after the BT line going live, means no internet at all for 4 days.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

This can happen as Openreach have them as different jobs Phone line at the exchange Fibre at local street cabinet and this needs different engineers for both jobs
0 Ratings