cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baino
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity activation issues

First of all apologies for the long post but here goes.....

I was recently told that fibre is now available in my area. Great., that beats the 1mb we currently get. So I signed up to BT infinity, as BT have all the lines. I got confirmation from both BT and Sky that my phone line and broadband would move over on the 8th June. So yesterday about 10am the broadband and phone line went off. Now according to BT, this should only be for about half an hour. Well, by the time I got home from work after 5pm they were still off. My wife checked the order online to be greeted with a further activation date of the 14th june.

Now I was a little annoyed to say the least that we hadn't had any communication from BT to inform us of this. So then the fun began..... The phone calls to BT. Long story short I was hung up on twice while trying to get some information on what is going on. The third person I spoke to blamed Sky for not releasing my number. I spoke to Sky and they confirmed they handed my number over to BT at exactly 08:05 that morning. By this time BT were closed for the night.

So I spoke to someone again this morning who just kept saying it will be activated on the 14th due to ongoing work at the cabinet. Now if this is case then why the hell cut my services off on the 8th and leave me with no phone, Internet, TV (now tv), Netflix (try explaining that to two toddlers), which I'm still paying for even though I can't use them, for a week, and without so much as a heads up.

So, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and whether I should expect the 14th to roll on by with nothing happening. Also if there's a case for some kind of compensation for the services I'm paying for but can't use due to BT's incompetence.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity activation issues

Changing from normal broadband to fibre broadband is a bit more involved, as the work needs to be done in the street cabinet not the exchange.

As its Openreach (A BT Group Company) who deal with both Sky and BT, they may not have staff available to do the work before that date, or maybe there is an extra card needed in the cabinet.

You can get updates from the UK based order team using this link Order Live Chat Team

Any advance payments made before activation, will be refunded on you next bill. You may also be able to claim compensation if your activation is delayed past the agreed date.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
Baino
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Well the agreed date was the 8th June. I can see the cabinet through my work window and there was a guy there yesterday working on it. BT also state on their website and on the information provided with the router that your service should only be down for about half an hour, not a week. To be honest I'm more annoyed at the lack of courtesy involved.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Baino,

I can take a look at what is happening with your order. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings